MAZDA 6 TERRIBLY LOW

Topic locked
MAZDA 6 TERRIBLY LOW May 16, 2007
I was astonished to see the price of 2nd hand mazda 6 2.0L, 2005 models cost as low as 35,000 dhs (check gulfnews) that too with full options.....while a brand new one cost from Dhs 57000 - 77000 , nearly half the price gone for a 2 year old car????? mazda 3 2005 models cost more than Mazda6 remember 2005 corolla 1.8xli can fetch easily 40,000 + aed ..actually whats the problem with car ?parts more expensive than honda?or some engine troubles,the review of mazda 6 states that they are better than camry or accord....
some one who knows more about this car in UAE please give a good review

thanks

freeman0179
Dubai Forum User

May 16, 2007
I drive a Mazda 6 2005.

to answer in point form:

-The market price for a good condition 2005 model (with dealer warranty and FSH) is about 42,000 dhs.

- Majority of cheaper mazda 6 have no dealer service history and no warranty (perhaps no log books either).

-A lot of Mazdas are sold (new + fleet) without dealer warranty, to places like 4x4 motors. They are cheaper, because they have no warranty.

- The parts for Mazda 6 are available, but certain (original) parts like brakes and brake discs/rotors are more expensive than toyota/honda.

- Mazda 6 are very reliable cars. They look alot better, drive better and are well designed.

- like alot of 2nd cars for sale in dubai, the Mazda 6 you see in the papers, for that price, tend to be ex-rental/fleet or not properly maintained.

-They dont hold the value as much as a toyota or honda, but the depreciation isnt that bad, if it is in good condition.

- After 2006, there was a revamped version of the mazda 6. With a new 5 speed gearbox, and alot of minor changes 700+ small changes.

- Pre-2005 has the older DOHC and 4 speed engine.

- servicing is expensive. 40,000 km (major service) is 750 dhs plus parts... and it would take 2-4 days. Galadari have a shortage of technicians.

- If you buy a mazda 6, common things to look out for:

- check tape drive
- Suspension/bushes/engine mounts.
- Check if the transmission is running smoothly
- Warping of brake discs/rotors.

To summarize:

The new mazda 6 (2006+) is a great car. You can make a large saving if bought without warranty and you know where to service it.

I enjoy driving mine. But I am planning to sell it soon.

Galadari dealership do not give a flying **** about their own cars. They have no interest in servicing your car to help you.
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 16, 2007
Good review!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 17, 2007
Thats was an excellent review thanks V-Man , i personally like Mazda 6 for their looks, i never thought large size sedans would come in this price tag compared to smaller corollas or civic
freeman0179
Dubai Forum User

May 17, 2007
welcome.

Tbh, I would definately buy Mazda 6 again. It gives me a sporty compact sedan, with a decent boot size and space for 3 adults at the back.

But, unfortunately I wouldn't buy a Mazda (again) in Dubai, until Galadari sorts itself out, OR you know where to get cheap parts and servicing.

If you want something 'different' to all the Sunnys and Corollas, then mazda 6 (and 3) are great cars.
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 20, 2007
isnt the 2.0lt mazda 6 really underpowered? and also the road noise when travelling at 120+kmph?

how is the 2.3lt engine???
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

May 20, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:isnt the 2.0lt mazda 6 really underpowered? and also the road noise when travelling at 120+kmph?

how is the 2.3lt engine???

The 2.3 is on par with the 2.4 Accord and Camry in terms of power.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 20, 2007
The 2.0 Litre is slightly underpowered, but when you push it, after about 4,500 revs, it can give enough 'umph to overtake...

I cant really give you an opinion on road noise, since I drive a 'used' mazda 6. Mine certainly does have some road noise, but nothing that a nice tune wont fix! (besides when you drive a Mazda 6, you feel like playing some bass!) :wink:
V-Man
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 24, 2007
That was a top review V man or should we just call you "6"? The only point I'd argue is that I wouldn't agree 750 dhs is considered "expensive" for servicing - not by a long shot.

Personally I quite like the 6, usually rent one when my car is in the shop and no complaints - great zippy mid sized car. Can't say the same for the 3 though - complete POS. Road noise is not bad while the car is newish - becomes apparent after 130-140 kms/hr.

Also bare in mind the price of a second hand car drops as soon as rental companies starts fleeting that model.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 24, 2007
XRW-147 wrote:Also bare in mind the price of a second hand car drops as soon as rental companies starts fleeting that model.

That holds very true in USA, but I'd say it isn't much of a problem here. For example, the bigger rental agencies are fans of the Peugeot 206, but either way it'd have a low resale value simply for not being Japanese. On the other hand, every little rental agency I called had the new Civic. i don't think the value of that one will go down no matter how many hit the roads in one form or another.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto