Lumina SS 2006 Modifications!!!!!!!!

Topic locked
Lumina SS 2006 Modifications!!!!!!!! Nov 10, 2006
Dear All,

Pretty new here..... just purchased a Lumina SS 2006 Silver full option limited editon car yesterday... with all the works just to keep it short.. But now guys i need the help of you car lovers out there to make it wild.... performance wise and as well as the looks wise..

So will anyone help me.. who does these kind of works in Dubai.. which garages are well known for it.

And give me some suggestions too

Thank you all and keep driving

LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 11, 2006
congrats on ur new ride. that is one sweet ride, i love the torque the engine produces. did you get the coupe or the sedan? auto or manual tranny?
have fun with ur car and drive safe :)
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2006
I would suggest you Google some Aussie forums for the Holden Commodore and see what thye have done. There are one or two companies advertising mods for Lumina's in the Autotrader. pop into an Eppco petrol station and buy one.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 11, 2006
my suggestion to you homie would be ... keep your ride as it is .. cause once u start messing around with a lumina it aint never ever ever gonna stop giving you problems .. thats a fact ..

bottom line

once u pop out the cash u aint never gonna stop popin out the cash till u sell the ride.

use the car for a year .. then sell that american/aussie ride an get into the japanesse way of riding ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 11, 2006
Dear Lumina,

tell me about the transmission...i have some good news for you
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2006
Dear All,

Thank you so much for all the suggestions, yes i have been surfing the net for luminas but couldnt find anything interesting...

First of let me tell you, it is a sedan automatic transmission, Special Edition 2006(metallic and letter finishing on the steering, gear and hand break... Havent seen that on luminas at all), full option. Silver 5.7 Ltr engine.

Well you are right about the modification bit but i am trying to make it something different from the rest just to make it stand out of the crowd, that is one reason why i am not going for a RED Lumina... that color is just every where.. makes me think sometime is it really a lumina or just a corolla or sunny, that it is being driven by all. it has been my dream car bro for over 5 years now and finally the dream comes true,,, so this car aint going where.. Jap cars driven them alot and bored of them too.. so need a change....

Anyways the first thing that i have thought about doing on this car is getting the lamborghini doors style installed.. so for now sliding doors vertical motion and NEXT!!!!! well that is yet to decided..

what do you have for me Ahamad???

cheers all and thank you once again for the help.

PS: if you already have some pictures or links that i could refer do let me know..
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
Also wondering is it possible to get the same hood like a Lumina SS 2006 Coupe installed on mine? love the ventilators on that!!!!!! :)
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
Oh Damn! My mech asked if you are purchasing a M/T. If you are getting a manual transmission, you really dont need a boost on the power.. lumina is a monster..ask it anyways..

let me speak to him tonight..he says if you are opting for a automatic, any object he adds in the car is going to nulify the warranty on the car.

may be we both need to speak over this.

Firstly he aint ready to pick jobs of american cars, secondly because its an automatic ..however..let me see what can i get after rinsing him.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2006
:shock: get a M/T .. thats what he says..if u havent already picked the car..check for other options..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2006
Dear Ahamed,

Hmmmm Manual Transmission and the traffic. bro i wouldnt have to go the gym anymore... expecially in this pathetic traffic..... i live in shrjah and work in DIC so have 200 km drive just going up and down and on an average i would end up doing 300 per day. Now that is no joke!!!!

I have already booked the car and done the payments... but when you talk about the modification does that also mean i cant modify the doors and the hood without nulifying the warranty?

Thanks
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
2 options for you:

1/ Fixing a hydraulic unit ( welded to your chassis / front / mudguard side ). This will risk your car renewal at tasjeel, since it is going to be joint to your chassis. No welding, no cutting doors, no changing locks or brackets.

2/ Changing the brackets of the door and altering front curvature of your door and body with hydraulic kit ( expensive though, since it has a lot of denting and painting involved.

Keep design & exterior seperate now, lets speak about performance. Mech says that you really need no re-tuning of the car if you are going for a manual transmission. Perhaps the complete exhaust line, your cars ecu & some small changes with articles in your car.

Believe me automatic transmission wont give you any more pump if you race around like an animal. Changes we will be doing will increase only an amount of 10-20 % of the output. And he says he wont work over it since it would be almost a new car & its useless working on the engine.

Tell me does a lumina have enough space on the hood to fit stuff, may be headers? this is the reason, i so wish you had a skyline or a mark II ..He could have given you so much for the ride..

Bring your car and show it to him, you rather speak directly to him.

Oh yes there was this car Lexus GS 300 ( owner = irfan ) .. from dubai forums

irfan.. we tuned your car..but you know what really went wrong in the deal. i am sorry for any mistakes from my side..but the whole thing was you cutting down the jobs we had in our quotation and then my mechanic earned only 400 dhs and i spent so much cash from my own pockets to get your car ready for its performance.

Honestly, i wanted to tell you something..with your car i raced a jaguar x type..and suprisingly it sure did win ( no offense dude..i felt it was too powerful ) i did ask u to send me some pics of the car..but u never did and last time i saw u was near emirates aviation..i wonder why did u ever stop riding the lexus.

ok back to lumina.. body works for ur car is going to be expensive..i can do ur job for tuning..but after speaking complete things with u..

speak to DF member evolve ..might help you out with rims tyres and accessories..

tell me more about what you exactly...want..

[edited]

Speaking about lumina..there is a black lumina ss near my office in garhoud .. totaled ..so now u see its a result of over speeding & extra mule power.. lumina is a monster..keep it chained

Aite..here is the deal..get me a corrolla..or a civic..any old make before 2000 and i will tune it for u and race it with your own lumina ?
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2006
Monster!!!! it sure is one. Currently i am driving a honda prelude 93 2.0 ltr engine RED.... got all the works again except for leather seats.

After reading your post i think i wont really go for an upgrade on the mech because it will just void the warranty and secondly as it is the police is getting pretty strict by the day. However woud have loved to have the lam doors installed. But i guess that is also getting out of the question.... Well now what nothing!!!!

My expectation right now were:

1. Lam doors
2. Lumina SS Coupe Hood style

The mechs are now just ommited as i dont want to void the warranty especially with this monter

So i guess i will ride the beast as it is and enjoy it.
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
For the Black Lumina i have seen it as well it is close to the round about next to the welcare hospital.. man that was nasty!!!!

wishing a safe ride for everyone!!!!
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
So guess you were looking forward more towards styling. Hmmm..

Prelude..nice car :)

Warranty does not void, if you change your plug wires, plugs..tune engine..ecu..timing etc..Neither on the exhaust system as far as i think. Not sure on the exhaust part...(from the manifold)

doesnt get void either on rims and other accessories. But anything to do with your engine and gear ..anything additionally added like a turbo or a boost..will surely be focused on..

hmm.. i surely would like to see your car though

forgot..ur chassis as well :)
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2006
Alright bro wish granted.. currently i am in Bahrain. will be coming back next week. will decide a time and place and will drive it by you.

Cheers
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
Alright bro wish granted.. currently i am in Bahrain. will be coming back next week. will decide a time and place and will drive it by you.

Cheers
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
hmm.. coool.. i will get u something for ur prelude as well :)
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2006
Since you are in Barain, ask around for a supercharger kit that was introduced there 1.5 years back.....

Be arned, any modifications done to the car WILL result in loss of warrenty, if anything happens, the dealer will blame the mods, since he knows he can get away with it.

If you really want to get into modifications, look at the muscle forums, they will help you out, as long as you give them a chassis and engine number (which will help in pin pointing what could/could not be done).

Cheers
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 12, 2006
yep the muscle forums..

there was this guy on souq.com i spoke over the fone who sells electric superchargers..

i will meet him up soon to see what exactly does this ELECTRIC Supercharger does and how it functions. I have seen the pictures and all i can figure out is that it pushes more air to your intake/injector
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2006
ahamed wrote:yep the muscle forums..

there was this guy on souq.com i spoke over the fone who sells electric superchargers..

i will meet him up soon to see what exactly does this ELECTRIC Supercharger does and how it functions. I have seen the pictures and all i can figure out is that it pushes more air to your intake/injector

ELECTRIC Supercharger. Hehehe. One of America's best-known snake-oil products. I'm surprised you are interested in it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 12, 2006
Seriously not ! But i want to know whats going on inside it.. the person is selling it for AED 2000 Reserve price.. ( phew ! ) .. if its worth something.. i know of guys who would buy it.. but i really weally wanna know whats inside it..

gtmash.. tell me more...

wa i think , its gota a flip (wings) with motor thats pushes more air into your intake with a trip attached. hmmmmm ...
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 12, 2006
Got the point i will check for the supercharger in Bahrain... well warranty is really important for me because as you told me if i come across a problem i have no one to turn to so i would be in just mere sh*t.

By body modification not the chasis would surely not cause any problems in the warranty it is just modifying the look..

Thank you all for recommending evolve to me.. i just had a word with him has been a great help. ./

So those cars vrooming!!!!
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 12, 2006
ahamed wrote:Seriously not ! But i want to know whats going on inside it.. the person is selling it for AED 2000 Reserve price.. ( phew ! ) .. if its worth something.. i know of guys who would buy it.. but i really weally wanna know whats inside it..

gtmash.. tell me more...

wa i think , its gota a flip (wings) with motor thats pushes more air into your intake with a trip attached. hmmmmm ...

Well, I don't really know which version you are referring to. A little research seems to indicate that there are some legitimate ones out there, though many are as useful as a Turbonator.

Real: http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0406t ... ercharger/

Fake: http://www.gaprojects.com/supercharger/Warning.htm
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
hey Gt...nice find bro..

the pictures he posted is pretty interesting and it seems like he is dealing with the genuine ones.

i would want to see how it works exactly..may be meet this guy up and post review back here on whats he got.

but the concept is clear..its the flip / the fan ...deviced to push more air and give your injector more air intake...
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 13, 2006
Hey everyone..

Finally i got something what i like.. NOw this car looks different. It is a dubai reg car.. the kit that has been installed i am not sure if it has got a name or not but if you guys know where to get it.. would appreciate that.. May be your have some more info.... pasting the link of the car.. You never knwo may be you even know the guy :D

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/604016

Cheers
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 13, 2006
the body kits.. nice..

u can find em in ajman or in rashidya near al futtaim...had seen some garages dealin with em before..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 14, 2006
Hi Lumina...I am an alumni of the Lumina enlightened too!

2 suggestions for you:

1. Liberty Motor Sports in Sharjah. Contact Mitchell Perera as they do awesome things to both the V8's and the V6's.

2. There is an HSV branded after sales store in the square outside Lamcy Plaza. If you just want blingy bits and a few basic bolt ons, they have a few odds and ends, but they are NOT the official HSV dealers here.

There is a forthcoming Lumina saloon car race series being staged around the Gulf. 1st race is in Bahrain on the 24th of this month. I have a friend who is racing in it fully sponsored by GM so looking forward to the UAE round in January.

I believe the Bahrain circuit is also going to be hosting a round of the Aussie V8 Supercars championship next year as well. Thats an awesome Lumina fest where you can see them up against the Ford Falcons in anger. HSV will be heavily represented there.

Best of luck!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 14, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Contact Mitchell Perera as they do awesome things to both the V8's and the V6's.

Knight

The deset safari guy from Arabian Adventures?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 19, 2006
Fulleh Siiik Maite.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2006
LUMINA_SS theres plenty of mods for the LS powered Lumina. Have a look at what the aussies have done to their ride, visit www.ls1.com.au .

One of the more popular mods is the twin turbo by street tuna (from the ls1 forum), also check out ls1turbo.com.au. The turbo kit comes with everything, its very cheap, can get around 400rwkw on its low setting, has already set a time of 10.5 qtr for the VE range, and stock everything.

Cheers
monaroCountry
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto