Imported Cars With NAVIGATION Unit !

Topic locked
Imported cars with NAVIGATION unit ! Jun 14, 2009
more and more imported cars are offloading on UAE ports every days, finally we realized that we can have free holidays while shopping for car in USA etc..

most of the cars come with different radiator and air con (if i am not wrong), but we endup saving up to 40% in case on BMW's (including nice vacation in Europe or US)

i suspect even more cars will land in UAE in coming months due to bankruptcy and high fuel prices in the West.

The only obvious problem i and many of my friends have come across is the Navigation unit, in some cases you simply swap the CD/DVD and it works fine however the cost of CD/DVD is very high in UAE, other cars are nightmare for example my friends Chrysler 300, he bought UAE navigation DVD for 2,000 dhs from Futtaim and its still not working coz the unit is locked to region...he is still struggling to get it unlocked, to replace the unit Futtaim is trying to rip him off with AED 10,000, the same unit on eBay is $200 = 800 dirhams, my other friend (M3 owner) downloaded navigation software from some underground site and his burnt DVD work the dogs, i recently bought imported Cayenne and haven't started to sort this out but there are loads of cars in UAE.

I/We would like to know, if you are using UAE map on imported Navigation unit then how did you make it work, where did you get the CD/DVD unlocked the units from, please include contacts + weblink

thanks

B44D ARS3
Dubai Forum User

Jun 15, 2009
what a dead forum ! 24 hrs 21 view no single reply
B44D ARS3
Dubai Forum User

Jun 18, 2009
im having the same problem with my BMW =(((
Rustam
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 19, 2009
Rustam wrote:im having the same problem with my BMW =(((

did you try to sort it out? i think with specific models of BM you just need a CD/DVD
B44D ARS3
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto