Car Navigation Via Double Din Unit In Dubai Possible?

Topic locked
Car navigation via double din unit in Dubai possible? Jul 16, 2008
Hi,

I am thinking on modding my car with a double-din touch screen unit like the Pioneer Avic-Z series, etc with navigation, but I failed to find one with UAE maps.

Are there any non-mobile car navi units that one can mount in the car permanently, and has UAE or ME maps?

And are there car audio places I should go to who does professional jobs?

Thanks

Ben

bence8810
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 19, 2008
Hi,
I had the same quistion before till i got a good deal
I have JVC 2 din touch screen and i installed Garmin jps via video input
you can find all this stuff in Naief area, in front of the old Hayat Regency Hotel.
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 19, 2008
Hi,

Thanks that is very helpful. I will try the place you suggested.

About your setup, can you tell me the exact model number, so I can look it up?

And what do you mean by connected a Garmin GPS unit via Video input? You can view it on the Touchscreen, but cannot control it from there? If you want to add a location or router, you need access to the Garmin navi?

I called up a place calledd Golden Street or something like that, i found their AD in Auto Trader, they are in Karama. The guy said he can install a Pioneer Double Din unit or Kenwood with GPS capability for 7500 AED. Now that is expensive as hell, but I just wondered what kind of unit is he using. If I find it, I can install it myself.

Thanks

Ben
bence8810
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 22, 2008
hi again,
sorry for the late delay.
first for the nav unit control this will done by the RC coming with it, if you like control it via the touch screen it will cost u more, the one i installed about 2350 DHs
the 2 din JVC i have, i really dont remember the model but i think its the only one available in the local market with touch screen also the kenwood is good but there is no AV input so i choosed the JVC.
JVC cost about 3200 include the installation for the system
i think they toke about 350 for installation
if u like the contact for this person pm me ok.
cheers
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 07, 2008
I HAVE PURCHACE THE HT NAVI BOX FROM ONE DELAER THEY SAY ITS WORK WITH ALL 2 DIN DVD,
THERE IS VERY CHEAP HT NAVI BOX WITH TOUCH SCREEN CONTROL CAN WORK WITH ALL UNITS.
U CAN SEND ME MODEL NUMBER OF TH EUNIT OR VISIT ALAIN...ASHRAF ELECTRONICS IN ALAIN.NEAR CLOCK TOWER.OPPOCITE POST OFFICE.

THEY DO THIS.
THANKS
WAQAR
hassani
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 06, 2008
For additional navigational features to assist with trip planning, the built-in Bluetooth connection provides access to TomTom PLUS subscription-based services, so that you can tune in to the latest traffic and weather conditions, as well as download additional city maps, voices, points of interest, and much more. The ONE XL-S adds to these capabilities with FM radio-based RDS-TMC traffic information as an available accessory.

------------------------
Gps Navigation Systems
tomgreag
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 06, 2008
For additional navigational features to assist with trip planning, the built-in Bluetooth connection provides access to TomTom PLUS subscription-based services, so that you can tune in to the latest traffic and weather conditions, as well as download additional city maps, voices, points of interest, and much more. The ONE XL-S adds to these capabilities with FM radio-based RDS-TMC traffic information as an available accessory.

--------------------------
Gps Navigation
stephens
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto