First Car

Topic locked
Get a hybrid car Jul 04, 2007
Yaris is just one ugly looking thing! If you need an economical car get a hybrid (combined electrical and petrol engine). Toyota has a Hybrid - Toyota Prius, also an ugly looking thing, but better than Yaris. Honda has a nicer version: Honda Civic 2007. I have no idea if they sell hybrids at all in Dubai, but this is the future.

beagle
Dubai Forum User

Re: Get a hybrid car Jul 05, 2007
beagle wrote:Yaris is just one ugly looking thing! If you need an economical car get a hybrid (combined electrical and petrol engine). Toyota has a Hybrid - Toyota Prius, also an ugly looking thing, but better than Yaris. Honda has a nicer version: Honda Civic 2007. I have no idea if they sell hybrids at all in Dubai, but this is the future.

Hey girlfriend, the car companies don't sell hybrids here. :)
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 18, 2007
how do i know if my car is a 2006 model or a 2007 besides being mentioned on the paperwork from the showroom. I'd like to know the production date if poss. I checked under the hood but cldnt find anythin..:(
Ka0TyK
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 18, 2007
Ka0TyK wrote:how do i know if my car is a 2006 model or a 2007 besides being mentioned on the paperwork from the showroom. I'd like to know the production date if poss. I checked under the hood but cldnt find anythin..:(

Eve if you do find it, I don't know how much it will help. Some companies start building 2007 models in February 2006, while others wait till near the end of 2006 to start 2007 model production, and of course many 2007 cars will actually be built in 2007.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 22, 2007
Hi,

I think you are confused and unable to decide. I have been using Yaris and Honda Civic. Honestly i will say fuel consumption of Yaris is not good as compared to Civic, I have currently Yaris and daily i travel around 400KM, No more options and very cheap interior, 55AED will cost you for full fuel Tank but still as compared to Honda its fuel consumption is not good since its 1.3L.

Engine is powerful no dought, i tested it on 170 and continuesly 145km/h but very light weight.

Better to go for Honda Civic not even new you can buy 2006 model in the same range of new Yaris.

Best of luck for your hunting.
ilyas
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 22, 2007
On dates of manufacture, have a look on the door check, either on the door itself or on the bottom of the B post - that's a common alternative position to the under-bonnet plate location.

Alternatively, check the VIN number (metal plate on top of the dashboard veiwable from the outside of the windscreen): make a note of the number and get on to the dealer, who should be able to identify the car through central records for you. Every car manufacturer in the world uses the VIN number system - it's probably the ONLY thing that's common on all cars.
autodrone
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 23, 2007
anyone know the price of a honda civic lxi and exi (are there any other trims)? what mileage will i get cruising at 120kmph?

also does the civic exi come with manual gearbox? many companies have manual option only on the base model.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Honda Civic Prices Jul 23, 2007
The prices of Honda Civic by Trading Ent are as following:

Honda Civic LXI 56000, Automatic with ABC, CD player and other normal options
Honda Civic EXI 61000, Automatic with ABS, Cruise control, Audio controls and other options

Honda Civic EXI 63000, Same with Exi but with Alloy Wheel

All above models are available with Manual transmission as well. These prices may be change better to check from Trading Ent showroom.

Exi is not base model, Lxi is base model and all models are available with Automatic and manual.
ilyas
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 23, 2007
thanks ilyas

does the 63000 AED model come with the sunroof too???

should pay trading enterprises a visit once im back in dubai.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 24, 2007
There is also a VTI model with fake leather that costs 67k+
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 24, 2007
No, sunroof only comes with VTI model and will cost you around 67+

The worst thing is delivery time which may be from weeks to 4 weeks easily.
ilyas
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 25, 2007
is the wait shorter or longer for manual transmission version??
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 25, 2007
not confirmed about the manual one but for automatic there is wait from 4 to 6 weeks some times.

Better to speak with Trd Ent
ilyas
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 25, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:is the wait shorter or longer for manual transmission version??

I doubt they keep more than a handful of manual in stock. If they do, I can guarantee you that almost all are LXi, for the folks who want the cheapest of the cheapest.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 25, 2007
I agree with you and they always have only LXI in stock no EXI or VTI
agentx
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto