Fabricators In Dubai

Topic locked
Fabricators in Dubai Nov 10, 2009
I am a fabricator in the US. I have worked in the audio industry for 20 years and have ample amounts of experience with welding, fiberglass, painting, audio, video, security, machining, electrical, performance modifications, body modifications, and just about everything else that can be done to something with a motor. Currently and for the past 6 years I own and operate a fabrication business that deals primarily with road racing motorcycles and show vehicles. Though I do not limit myself to one particular avenue. I am interested in working Dubai but do not know where to search for possible employment. I have checked many of the online job finders and nothing has matched up with my particular skill set. Can someone point me in the right direction?

wasntme
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 10, 2009
Best bet would be come down here and directly talk to the performance garages like Sulayem and Swaidi and the big mobile AV companies like Gulf wireless, Sound on wheels etc etc

Or if you can, setup your own shop here. There is big bucks to be made here if you get hooked with a couple of right clients and plus everyone is car crazy here anyways.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 10, 2009
Do you have any experience in making fiberglass body kits?
if so send me a PM.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 10, 2009
deserdudeshj, thanks for the reply. Would you happen to know the web site for sound on wheels? I have tried searching and have not found it. I have found yellowhat and a couple of others.

I have considered opening a business there but I feel it would be best to go to work for someone first and establish my reputation then decide if I want to open a place.

rudeboy, pm sent.
wasntme
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 10, 2009
rudeboy..sorry I spoke too soon. I can not PM till I have more posts.

Yes I have experience with body kits. Mostly it is with making duplicates of an existing body piece or modifying an existing part. I have made a couple of pieces from scratch.
wasntme
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 10, 2009
Dude, its going to be impossible to get what your expecting salary wise. You just cannot beat the price of labour here.

Maximum salary and I'm being very very optimistic and if your very very lucky would be 10k AED.

Even the most brilliant mech, fabricator etc etc dont get paid that much here. Not atleast in the automotive industry here.

So only thing is to open up your own biz.
desertdudeshj

Nov 11, 2009
Maximum salary and I'm being very very optimistic and if your very very lucky would be 10k AED.

i agree with DD. 10k is way too high to expect. The max you can expect it 6-8k that comes with a lot of headaches, a panadol box & lot of nagging. Oh I forgot.. that is if you are working with auto dealers or high reputed garages.

Its not a bad market out here and not so hard on the other end, but only if you look into it properly & build your customer base & links properly.

I would suggest you to come down here and take a merry-go-@round, speak to few people in the market, see few garages & build links.

As DD said, opening up on your own might be just the option for you.

I have been into this line before but we closed due to lack of workforce.

So.. do your study before you do anything..

Just a note that, interest in modding saloon vehicles have dropped tremendously .. its about 4-wheelers and sand!
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 11, 2009
ahamed wrote:its about 4-wheelers and sand!

8) 8) 8)
desertdudeshj

Nov 11, 2009
I know you are happy! :P

I love those Land Cruiser pickups & Nissan patrol shuttles (coupe)
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Nov 11, 2009
You mean Bu shanabs and capsulas 8)
desertdudeshj

Nov 11, 2009
Thanks for the info. I am doing some searching into starting something there.

I have no problem with off road. Put together a few Yamaha Rhinos and a bunch of quads. I love variety and will work on nearly anything.
wasntme
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 11, 2009
wasnt me i would also suggest you open your own business. In dubai its easy to set up a business provided you have enough capital.

But I wouldnt suggest dubai I would suggest Pakistan or even India. Have a look at www.pakwheels.com forum and you will be amazed with what people are doing there. You could set up your own thing there and labour is cheap there, way too cheap compared to USA or even Dubai and there are no strict laws regarding car modifications. You can do engine modifications of cars etc in the UAE however you can not do any modifications of the chasis as its not allowed or even you cant build your own kit cars out of fiberglass in UAE.

I know there is a secuirty risk in those two countries but thats the place to be if you want to do something with cars.

I wouldnt suggest UAE because one its getting expensive to live there and already there is too much competition there.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto