Motorcycles In Dubai

Topic locked
Motorcycles in Dubai Feb 11, 2007
I just wanted to know how the motorcycling community is over there. Does it exist? Are there circuit race tracks there that allow motorcycles? Is it a dusty environment?

FWBRC51
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Motorcycles in Dubai Feb 12, 2007
FWBRC51 wrote:I just wanted to know how the motorcycling community is over there. Does it exist? Are there circuit race tracks there that allow motorcycles? Is it a dusty environment?

Was informed by Keith that there's a mountain area with some twisties & someone did mention that there's wknd track. I'm hoping to get more info to decide whether to get a sports, naked or dual purpose in Dubai.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 12, 2007
The motorcycle community is very storng. Last friday about 60 bikers met up to ride upto Hatta Fort...This excludes the HOGS...

Cheers..

P.S - Keith were u there??
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 12, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:The motorcycle community is very storng. Last friday about 60 bikers met up to ride upto Hatta Fort...This excludes the HOGS...

Cheers..

Any way I can get a bike without having to get a license 1st? I've had my full capacity bike license for the past 2-3 years or so. I ride my Z1000 everyday to work & weekly mountain twisties. 8)
Can't live without a bike for more than 2 weeks...dunno how I'm gonna last for 2 months!!!!! :evil:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 13, 2007
ah, so there is a strong community there. I hope you're not implying scooters though. i've never owned one and I can't see that owning one would be an option. I have a US spec rc51, or sp2 and also a US spec F2 for track use. Is it pricey to bring them with me, or am i just better off picking up one there? When I was in England it was free for me to send my motorcycle there. The motorcycle prices there were rediculous, but then again, I was in the US military on a stateside salary with a little bump in pay. I've never been to that part of the world, so my assumption is that unless the outlying areas from cities are landscaped, the place is just windy desert land. Am I wrong? Is the outlying area a heavy dusty environment? Would I be better off with a bike suited for dakar style riding?

any advice on scuba diving? Is there a thriving community for the sport? Is there really anything to see in the waters off of or surrounding dubai?
FWBRC51
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 13, 2007
oh and what about a rider's license? I do have my US motorcycle license and 2 motorcyle safety foundation course completion cards. Can I just reciprocate my license for a local one, or do I have to start from scratch? If I start from scratch, do I have to start off on a bike with low HP and work my way up like they do in England?

Cost of track days? what track so I can google them?
FWBRC51
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 16, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:The motorcycle community is very storng. Last friday about 60 bikers met up to ride upto Hatta Fort...This excludes the HOGS...

Cheers..

Unfortunately i wasnt there DD :cry:

But i have all the photographs, ...one of the guys that rides the 1100XX sent them to me. His name is Adam and im sure you know him .

I cant wait to join you guys on a ride :D
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 16, 2007
Beaujarle,

If you can afford Z1000 in KL, you can afford most new Jap bikes in Dubai lah!

Can you check how much for Alpinestars or Dainese 2 pc leathers in KL or singapore? Over here a bit expensive.

Bila mai sini?

Cheers.
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Feb 16, 2007
Hi All,

Biking activities in Dubai are aplenty for those of the brave or the foolish :wink:

Trackdays, yours for 600-900dhs per day session and regularly organized. Location.. normally Dubai autodrome (nice track).

Weekend road rides, normally Jebel(mount) Hafeet route, Mussandam route, Hatta route and Khorfakkan-Fujairah-Dubai routes. Riders ride on Friday mornings to avoid traffic.

Racing school (Calif. Racing School) ... yours for less than 2k dirhams. If you're hardcore sport rider.. you have to attend this... 4 levels (higher levels cost a bit more.

Drag and Wheelie-ing, popular with local riders..

Offroad riding... You can really ride your nuts off doing this!.. Must try! And the desert bug will bite you!

Good Luck!
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Feb 16, 2007
RC51

How much will it cost to ship your bike here?

I'm thinking of importing Duke 1098 direct from there :wink:

Yes there are a few diver groups here in dubai. There are a few locations off Jumairah and Fujairah beach areas.
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Feb 17, 2007
faispro wrote:Trackdays, yours for 600-900dhs per day session and regularly organized. Location.. normally Dubai autodrome (nice track).

Weekend road rides, normally Jebel(mount) Hafeet route, Mussandam route, Hatta route and Khorfakkan-Fujairah-Dubai routes. Riders ride on Friday mornings to avoid traffic.

Ahhh....finally a light at the end of the tunnel 8) . Hope you can show me these routes once I get to Dubai.
Before I get my license (of course I have a valid international license), thinking of just renting 1 to do the Friday runs :twisted: Just find it so hard to look forward for the weekend without "The Twisties"!!!!! :lol:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 17, 2007
faispro wrote:Beaujarle,

If you can afford Z1000 in KL, you can afford most new Jap bikes in Dubai lah!

Can you check how much for Alpinestars or Dainese 2 pc leathers in KL or singapore? Over here a bit expensive.

Bila mai sini?

Cheers.

Yo bro....finally, a fellow Malaysian 8).

Yup, can afford a Z1000 in KL but if I do the same in DXB...there goes my plans for saving money :lol: . Was thinking of either an R6, M900 or another naked.....used of course!!!!

Got my 2pc Dainese from S'pore for SGD1.1k. In KL, expect it to be around RM3-4k...Alpinestar higher.
Devilsdiciple suggest that I bring along my gear from M'sia...WHICH I WILL DEFINITELY DO!!!!! If you're planning to go to S'pore, I can tell you which shop to go & whom to meet, to get good price :wink:. I normally do a 3-mths once run down to S'pore to get bike stuffs....but obviously not anymore since will be in DXB for these couple of years.

I should land in DXB on 27/3/07...0240 hrs. 8)
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 17, 2007
FWBRC51 wrote:oh and what about a rider's license? I do have my US motorcycle license and 2 motorcyle safety foundation course completion cards. Can I just reciprocate my license for a local one, or do I have to start from scratch? If I start from scratch, do I have to start off on a bike with low HP and work my way up like they do in England?

Cost of track days? what track so I can google them?

If you have US, UK, Singapore and a few other developed countries license ..Direct conversion only. Just make sure when you convert your bike lic. the policeman remember to include it on the card.

Unfortunately for Malaysians like Beaujarle ..you are not from "developed country" :lol: so 40 lessons for you then. Ha ha ha!
faispro
Dubai Forum User

Feb 17, 2007
faispro wrote:Unfortunately for Malaysians like Beaujarle ..you are not from "developed country" :lol: so 40 lessons for you then. Ha ha ha!

DARN :evil: :evil: :evil:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 21, 2007
beaujarle wrote:DARN :evil: :evil: :evil:

There goes 2 months atleast :cry:
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2007
hirenmistry wrote:

thats for a car license Hiren.... bike licenses are easier to get
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 22, 2007
KeithL wrote:
hirenmistry wrote:

thats for a car license Hiren.... bike licenses are easier to get

Got your bike license???? :twisted:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 22, 2007
KeithL wrote:thats for a car license Hiren.... bike licenses are easier to get

I hope so too. Checked out Emirates Driving Institute for motorcycle training: 18 classes and motorcycle refreshment course 8 classes.

Fingers crossed that I am eligible for the refreshment course.
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2007
beaujarle wrote:Got your bike license???? :twisted:

Yes, 1994 in India :lol:
Reaching Dubai this sunday, hopefully the license should come soon. :oops:
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2007
hirenmistry wrote:
beaujarle wrote:Got your bike license???? :twisted:

Yes, 1994 in India :lol:
Reaching Dubai this sunday, hopefully the license should come soon. :oops:

errmmmm...the question was meant for KeithL. :lol:
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 23, 2007
beaujarle wrote:errmmmm...the question was meant for KeithL. :lol:

:lol:
hirenmistry
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 23, 2007
lol

:lol:

I havent applied for a bike license yet,,, just bought a Honda Civic and will buy a bike very soon.
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

CHECK THE BEST DEALS ON BIKES IN DUBAI HERE May 16, 2007
WWW.BAZAAR.AE

The biggest online classified market, GOODLUCK 8)
Dubaideals
Dubai Forum User

Jan 08, 2009
Hey,

Do you still do the Routes to HATTA and Fujeirah>

Let me know if you pretend to go the following weekends. I will be this Tuesday in the RaceTrack riding my bike.

Cheers
cbr1000rr
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 14, 2009
any motorcycle exporters out here?!
savioaz
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 27, 2009
I LOOK FOR A SERIOUS AND MOTIVATED PARTNER, FOR ESTABLISH A BRAND NEW SHOWROOM IN ABU DHABI - DUBAI, FOR REPRESENT OUR CUSTOMBIKE FIRM (BEST OF EUROPE ) , CALLED "BIG TWIN" WINNER OF THE BEST WORLD AWARDS IN THIS FIELD.

THESE MOTORBIKES ARE REAL PIECES OF ART, BUILD EACH ONE DIFFERENT, OFTEN STARTING FROM THE IDEA OF THE CLIENT.

I AM EXPORT MANAGER OF BIG TWIN, LOCATED IN NAPLES, ITALY. WE ARE WINNERS OF BEST EUROPEAN CUSTOMBIKE IN SEVERAL YEARS, AND IN 2009.

WE HAVE WON A DAYTONA BIKE WEEK AWARD (USA) SOME YEARS AGO, AND NOW WE HAVE 6 BIKES EXPOSED AT STURGIS BIKESHOW (USA) THAT WILL TAKE PLACE NEST WEEK.

THESE BIKES CAN BE SELLED AT PRIVATE CLIENTS AS A LUXURY ITEM, OR OFTEN CAN BE USED LIKE BIKE-SHOW, FOR CATCH PEOPLE IN HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, DISCOTEQUES, ETC..

THE FINAL PRICE OF EACH CUSTOMBIKE IS FROM 250000 TO 500000 AED, DEPENDING FROM THE PROJECT AND THE NUMBER OF HOURS NEEDED FOR BUILD IT.

I CAN OFFER OUR BIKES WITH A BIG DISCOUNT AND A U.A.E. EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTION CONTRACT

FOR SEE PICTURES ABOUT OUR MOTORCYCLES, PLEASE WRITE ME

Kindest Regards

BIG TWIN MOTORCYCLES
Via Augusto Righi 17
80125 NAPOLI (ITALY)

EXPORT MANAGER
David Provenzani
ph 00393453214832
info@bikersword.it
dprovenzani
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules