Electric Cars In UAE ?

Topic locked
Electric Cars in UAE ? Dec 11, 2010
Hey guyz, are electric cars making a presence in uae? Have you seen them ? If they exist , what about recharging stations ? Any ideas ?

Thanx

zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Electric Cars In UAE ? Dec 11, 2010
No no electrics here, I think nissan was making some noise about the Leaf being launched here by the end of 2010, doesnt look like its happeneing

Expect these many people to buy it electric cars here = 0
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Electric Cars in UAE ? Dec 12, 2010
Thanks for your reply Desertman, I know petrol is cheap in the uae, but I was just thinking that perhaps having an electric car would be more economical , But since you said people wont be interested in it , Then I guess the probability of having recharge stations at convenient locations would be very low.

I've heard about this green city called MASDAR or something ? who are supposed to adopt all kinds of green technology ? Do you think they might be interested in getting these electric cars ?
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Electric Cars In UAE ? Dec 12, 2010
See my avatar, do you think I am even remotely intrested in anything "green"
desertdudeshj

Re: Electric Cars In UAE ? Dec 12, 2010
NOTED :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Electric Cars in UAE ? Dec 14, 2010
Zubber, I was just looking at a report on UK TV saying that the UK government are giving a £5k 'subsidy' to anyone buying an electric car. They are hugely expensive, it would seem. Vauxhall have an electric car, imaginatively called 'electric' and it comes in at £29k with the £5k knocked off. Who the hell is going to pay that for a shed that only does a few hundred miles and then needs plugging in? Give me something big that drinks fuel any day.
Bethsmum

Re: Electric Cars in UAE ? Dec 15, 2010
True BM, they are expensive mostly because the technology is young and also that being another reason why its mileage on a full charge is low. But in the long run when you compare the amount of money you spend on the fuel, the electric wins hands down. And sure as time progresses it will get better.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto