Cost To Professionally Fix Deep Scratches On A New Car?

Topic locked
cost to professionally fix deep scratches on a new car? Sep 03, 2006
I scratched my car when I was exiting a car garage. :( The granite corner skimmed the side. I dont think its too bad, but its definitely visible. There are 2-3 scratches (about 4 inches long) on the edge of the passenger's side door. It's deep but the body is not dented at all. The car's only 1 week old so I want to get it professionally done. Does somebody know how much will it cost me to have it fixed? :?:

Others suggested to apply a rubbing compound to the scratch. They've said that my car's color is white so it should be easier (and cheaper) to fix. If I do this, what particular brand of rubbing compound do I need to buy?

Thanks.

blacknight
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 03, 2006
Mmmmmmmmmmm, this is a tough question.

Being a brand new car, tbh and IMHO, I would get it done properly, which may mean respraying the whole door. If this is the case, i would take it back to the main dealer and have them do it.

If it was an older car, then i would perhaps try and do what you are suggesting with rubbing compound. Also, does your car not come with a small tube of touch up paint? You may be able to apply this and rub it in/sand it and then polish. My car does.

Also, get the car polished properly (you can do it yourself). Sometimes this takes away a lot of the scratch (so to speak) and it may not be as bad as it first appears.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 03, 2006
If its deep rubbing compound will help but it will still be visible.

Either get it spot brushed or respray the panel. Should be no more than 400dhs.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 04, 2006
the term for removing scratches is called "mopping" basically it is used by pro's after a panel has been sprayed. It is not something that us mere mortals should use because it does take layers off including the top "clear coat" on metallics.

A deep scratch cannot be repaired this way, X and yorky are correct for the cost it would be better to respray.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 05, 2006
There's a company that I use in the UK which I've had fix dents and scratches in the past! Dunno if there is anything like this in Dubai but well worth looking for. The technology they use means they don't have to respray the whole door,hence saving time and money, and the results are amazing...I had a fairly deep (2-3cm) dent fixed on a metallic black TT, and it looked like new!

This is the website in the UK which explains the technology...

http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/repair/dentsaway.asp
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 05, 2006
G,

We have a company here now that originated in the Uk I believe, called Dentmaster. Think it is along similar lines.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 05, 2006
yorky500 wrote:G,

We have a company here now that originated in the Uk I believe, called Dentmaster. Think it is along similar lines.

Dentmaster pushes out small dents in which the paint isn't damaged or scratched. This dude's paint has come off.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto