Al Aweer

Topic locked
Al Aweer Feb 04, 2009
Hi

does anyone know the opening times at Al Aweer for Thurs, Fri & Sat?
I believe they are open from 7:30am - 2pm and then 4:30pm to 11pm, but another website says they close half day on a Thursday?
Does anyone know for sure and if not is there any contact number?

Ta

mizzyk
Dubai Forum User

Re: Al Aweer Feb 04, 2009
mizzyk wrote:Hi

does anyone know the opening times at Al Aweer for Thurs, Fri & Sat?
I believe they are open from 7:30am - 2pm and then 4:30pm to 11pm, but another website says they close half day on a Thursday?
Does anyone know for sure and if not is there any contact number?

Ta

call general enquiry no. 181 and get the contact details!!!!!!

Al Awir Used Car Market, Ras Al Khor Industrial Area - a great place to look around and see everything from your most feared POS jalopy to exotic carriages you thought only existed in Jeremy Clarkson's imagination. But take a good dose of salt with everything you hear and Caveat Emptor should be painted on the windshield of every car there. Undoubtedly there are some good cars available but how are you going to recognise them from the questionable imports, the ones that have been clocked, the insurance write-offs welded together again, and so on? The market has a poor reputation and prices don't seem particularly cheap compared to other used car sources. Except for perhaps the auctioned cars.

The complex has over 100 dealers, a car registration department, insurance companies, and a branch of the Middle East Bank so you don't even need your own money.

Opening hours are 7:30 am to 2:00 pm and 4:30 pm to 11:00 pm Saturday to Wednesday, maybe half day only on Thursday, possibly Fri afternoons for dealers. This could change after 01 Sep 2006 when government sector changes weekend for Thu/Fri to Fri/Sat.

See the Al Aweer Used Car Complex page for more information, contact details, location maps ...

excerpt: http://www.dubaifaqs.com/car-buy-sell-in-dubai.php
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Feb 04, 2009
if you looking for a car and you thinking of going to al aweer, then DONT. the cars there have been treated worse then women :D just look in the newspaper you will find many expats leaving and you might pick up a bargin and a good car.

I repeat DONT GO TO AL AWEER

WARNING WARNING
WARNING WARNING
WARNING WARNING
WARNING WARNING
WARNING WARNING
WARNING WARNING
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2009
lol :roll:

I have heard GOOD and BAD reports about this place, I take it your opinion is another bad one, to be honest I am willing to have a look around as the likes of dubizzle does not have many cars uploaded each day, not a great selection! I have checked out bazaar and emirates-ads also, so I thought I may give Al Aweer a chance!

I know they say the cars may be write offs and some clocks tweaked but I thought there was a garage there where you can get these things checked out before buying the car??
mizzyk
Dubai Forum User

Feb 04, 2009
lol :lol:

I have heard GOOD and BAD reports about this place, I take it your opinion is another bad one, to be honest I am willing to have a look around as the likes of dubizzle does not have many cars uploaded each day, not a great selection! I have checked out bazaar and emirates-ads also, so I thought I may give Al Aweer a chance!

I know they say the cars may be write offs and some clocks tweaked but I thought there was a garage there where you can get these things checked out before buying the car??
mizzyk
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto