Automobile Shows In Dubai & Sharjah

Topic locked
Automobile shows in Dubai & Sharjah Nov 18, 2006
I have a comment about automobile show in Sharjah for now.. as its the first one i've seen in the UAE

Based on what I saw, I gotta say I was disappointed. I've been to car shows in Paris, Detroit, California, London, etc and every show has more of the upcoming models and concept models rather than present models in the market.

They had a US model Nissan Xterra for example. Thats a 2005 model. The shape was changed for 2006.

Another example, they were promoting the CAR magazine with a 2005 Mini Cooper but the cover showed a 2007 Model Mini Coopers.

I didn't see (except the Toyota Concept truck) any other concept cars that would make me go wow!

No Ferrari, No Maserati, No Hummer, I mean this auto show was more to promote whats in the market now.

They should have named the show "The Cars of Today" or something like that..

Big disappointment.

nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Automobile shows in Dubai & Sharjah Nov 19, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:I have a comment about automobile show in Sharjah for now.. as its the first one i've seen in the UAE

Based on what I saw, I gotta say I was disappointed. I've been to car shows in Paris, Detroit, California, London, etc and every show has more of the upcoming models and concept models rather than present models in the market.

They had a US model Nissan Xterra for example. Thats a 2005 model. The shape was changed for 2006.

Another example, they were promoting the CAR magazine with a 2005 Mini Cooper but the cover showed a 2007 Model Mini Coopers.

I didn't see (except the Toyota Concept truck) any other concept cars that would make me go wow!

No Ferrari, No Maserati, No Hummer, I mean this auto show was more to promote whats in the market now.

Big disappointment.

The red display Xterra was the latest shape from what I saw. And CAR was giving away those Minis I think, but I can't be sure since I don't buy the magazine. Weirdly, GM and VW had no cars in the show, but there was an empty course set up outside with Hummer flags all over, but I went in the morning so I don't know what the heck goes on over there at night.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

gtmash wrote:
nosoup4u wrote:I have a comment about automobile show in Sharjah for now.. as its the first one i've seen in the UAE

Big disappointment.

The red display Xterra was the latest shape from what I saw. And CAR was giving away those Minis I think, but I can't be sure since I don't buy the magazine. Weirdly, GM and VW had no cars in the show, but there was an empty course set up outside with Hummer flags all over, but I went in the morning so I don't know what the heck goes on over there at night.

It is Sharjah!!!! nothing goes on there in the night... trsut me i live there :) BORIIIIIIINGGGGGGG SNOOOOOAAAAARIIIIIIIIING
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

LUMINA_SS wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Big disappointment.

It is Sharjah!!!! nothing goes on there in the night... trsut me i live there :) BORIIIIIIINGGGGGGG SNOOOOOAAAAARIIIIIIIIING

lol TRU DAT!
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto