Alitma 3.5???!

Topic locked
alitma 3.5???! Nov 09, 2006
Hi,

I'm currently searching for a car. Don't know whether to buy new or second hand. I found a nissan altima 3.5, 2002, full options,no1, imported from canada, for 45,000 Dhs. The price looks ok, so does the car, but the thing is the car has done more than 200,000 km!!!
So i'm doubting now whether to take this altima or get another car.
Btw is it better to buy new car or second hand car in this country?
thnx in advance!

Zy
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 19, 2006
Dear Zy,

Thats not a good deal, if you ask me.. i have been looking for one myself.. but amercian or canadian specs dont really do that well in here.. you can go for a second hand car but directly from the dealers. they will give you a proper service history and you can also find out if the car has had any accident or repairs.

Secondly the cars being sold in Awir or sharjah used cars market have a lot of superficial cars, by this i mean that there are cars which have had a major accidents and repaired and repainted just like new.. infact much better than the ones available in the showroom but that doesnt change anything. there have been cases where i have found out that even the digital meter was also reversed on the car which means nothing is what it seems.

So i woud suggest that ifyou are going to buy a second hand car either buy it from a dealer or from the person who you know well....

Best of luck with your search.. do let me know how it goes.

PS: i just posted some information on an Altima 3.5SE that i saw yesterday... may be you might be interested.... you can call Santosh in used car.... was a great help to me :)
LUMINA_SS
Dubai Forum User

Nov 19, 2006
Nothing wrong with American specs, considering they have hot weather and deserts too. Cold Canadian is a different story.

And yes, it is true Awir has a lot of flood-damaged cars that were cancelled in USA by hurricanes. It is actually much easier to reverse digital odometers (in seconds), if someone has the know-how and a laptop.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

2005 nissan altima 3.5sl Oct 11, 2007
i have a nissan altima 2005 3.5sl black/black came from north carolina usa. i have it in ny right now. i can have it SHIPPED to you for $17,000 USD. Let me know
usaexporters
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: 2005 nissan altima 3.5sl Oct 11, 2007
usaexporters wrote:i have a nissan altima 2005 3.5sl black/black came from north carolina usa. i have it in ny right now. i can have it SHIPPED to you for $17,000 USD. Let me know

way to good to be true. be careful of this deal folks.
or did you mean to say shipping alone costs 17k USD?
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 11, 2007
17k USD = about 62k AED, I don't think that is overly cheap, There is a 2k4 that I saw, GCC for 65k on SZR.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

SALVAGEEE Oct 11, 2007
this vehicle was hit in the quarter panel drivers side and was replaced, has a rebuilt salvage title, it is what it is.
usaexporters
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto