4wd - Which One Is Better For Everyday Use?

Topic locked
4wd - which one is better for everyday use? Sep 09, 2006
hi, trying to figure out which car to buy when we get there. been browsing the forum, gulfnews and some websites, and i think 4wd is the way to go for wife's car. i have narrowed down the choices to toyota land cruiser, nissan patrol or mitsubishi pajero. given the budget i have, i will probably go for used car.

now, some questions i have which i hope someone can answer:

1. for daily use [school drop off, shopping] with very little weekend dune bashing, out of those 3, which one is better in terms of fuel consumption, space, durability, comfort etc?

2. for toyota, what is the difference between land cruiser and prado? is there a huge difference in terms of trimming option between gx and vx model? does both have rear aircon?

3. what is better to drive in dubai, petrol or diesel engine?

4. what is the big issue with buying a used land rover discovery? is the maintenance expensive? does it have reliability problem? i like landie disco, but read a couple of negative posts in this forum.

5. i came across the term GCC spec or gulf spec, is it different from say us spec? sand proof ? :)

6. what does VGC mean when it is mentioned in the ad?

7. what is the situation like for general servicing and maintenance of car? do people bring their car to authorised dealer for servicing or are there plenty of independent car workshop in dubai which you take your car there for lube change etc?

i am looking at something practical, safe, cheap to run and reliable. not a highend 4wd like touareg, x5 or the likes [unless they give a HUGE discount].

Appreciate your opinion, answer, feedback etc.

Cheers,

JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto