Setting Up In A Free Zone

Topic locked
Setting up in a free zone Jun 23, 2006
Hi All,

I am working with a US based comapny that would like to set up in a free zone. Do you know if they have to be incorporated in the UAE or can they just register? Does it vary depending on which free zone? Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

LBHOO
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Setting up in a free zone Jun 23, 2006
LBHOO wrote:I am working with a US based comapny that would like to set up in a free zone. Do you know if they have to be incorporated in the UAE or can they just register? Does it vary depending on which free zone? Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Anyone can apply to register. Whether or not you're accepted will depend on your application, what you do, what you want to do, etc etc.

Company doesn't have to be incorporated in the UAE outside a Free Zone to register in the UAE in a Free Zone. But you probably do have to register in a Free Zone in the UAE to be incorporated in the UAE in a Free Zone.

Er, I don't know what I said now :roll: ...

If you're exporting goods from a Free Zone to somewhere else in the UAE, you have to get the correct paperwork and pay import duty. With services I don't know how it works.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 24, 2006
You can set up a local branch of an overseas company. To the best of my knowledge, the rules are the same in the various free zones. You can take a look here:
http://dubai.ae/portal/en.portal?dea_fo ... el=package
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 24, 2006
Here is a novel idea.... Why don't you call them and ask!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2006
what's with the "novel idea" thing? :lol: :lol:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 25, 2006
Thanks for the input-

Liban, I get that I should call them, but unfortunately the client wanted the answer ASAP and did not ask me until after 4:30pm Dubai time on Thursday. Not surprisingly no one was answering the phone. Clearly DIC would be the best people to ask, but i thought someone here might have some have gone through the process and know the answer.
LBHOO
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk