Own Web-sites

Topic locked
Sep 23, 2009
xty,

If you go onto visit-dubai.co.uk from Dubai, can you actually see a banner advertising Dubai and Qatar domains with .co.uk and .com endings on the front page?
If you open that , do you actually see the advertised domains?

RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 23, 2009
First, I use paid VPN (US based) for my Internet connection (means websites will see that I'm located somewhere in US), so any IP-region-based ads targeted for Middle East will be unrelevant.

Second, I use all the time Adblock extensions on Firefox where I block almost all banners & ads including GoogleAds.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 23, 2009
RedKite wrote:xty

So what is your answer for a site like www.visit-dubai.co,uk which is TOP on a "visit dubai" search into Google?

It may work if it's not IP-region-based ads or you're targeting UK-based visitors who use Internet Explorer as their browsers (no ad blocker extension) and/or doesn't know well Internet technology (to put Adblock extension).
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 02, 2009
xty

Why are you so keen to have this Adblock extension? Just seeing banners and Google Ads on sites does not bother me. It's the big ones that spring up in the middle of a page you are reading ;they're the only ones that bother me.

Ordinary Google Ads can add to a site. Take www.you-earn-money.co.uk which suggests various ways of earning money online.

Well, the Google Ads on that are also various money-making ideas which some will find useful, so the augment the web-site , not detract from it!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 02, 2009
First, I don't want all the clutters which mostly irrelevant. I want clean websites.

Second, it makes the website load faster as it won't download the blocked items which sometimes takes 50% or more of the size especially with flash ads.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 09, 2009
My own www.visit-america.co.uk appeared much faster on the screen than the NOW official www.visitcalifornia.co.uk used by their Tourism authority.

Why is that? Too much clutter on the official site?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 16, 2009
I design websites. Do u want one?
shalike
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk