Is It Ok To Share A Room With Friends There?

Topic locked
Is it ok to share a room with friends there? Aug 22, 2006
Hi! Just would like to ask for some advise. My friends and I are planning to get a room there but would like to ask if it is posssible to share it with a guy friend and 2 girls. The four of us are just best of friends but i am just worried if there are some laws that prohibit us from doing so. thanks for your time...

lfabella
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 22, 2006
Yep there is a law that prohibits girls and boys living in together w/o marriage. Though you guys are just friends, you will still violate that law if you do so.

Hmmmm but no one I knew has been arrested for this though. Just be careful and make sure no one complaints to authorities about it. :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 22, 2006
If they did something about this, 50% of the expat workforce would be out on the next Emirates Flight.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Is it ok to share a room with friends there? Aug 22, 2006
lfabella wrote:Hi! Just would like to ask for some advise. My friends and I are planning to get a room there but would like to ask if it is posssible to share it with a guy friend and 2 girls. The four of us are just best of friends but i am just worried if there are some laws that prohibit us from doing so. thanks for your time...

as i see here, everyone is living like that here, sharing a flat, male female, so what, as this one says, 50 % of people would be deported so far hehe
UNME
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 23, 2006
^ian^ wrote:If they did something about this, 50% of the expat workforce would be out on the next Emirates Flight.

Not a bad way to lower rental prices!!!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 23, 2006
^ian^ wrote:If they did something about this, 50% of the expat workforce would be out on the next Emirates Flight.

so true they turn blind eye to pros... infact my friend lives with his gf nobody asks anything provided u dont go on saying everybody.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 25, 2006
But in Sharjah, during my stay in this hotel two policemen came and argued with the receptionist and the owner. Apparently there was a report that a guy checked in the morning and then a girl went up to his room later that night.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Aug 25, 2006
Sharjah is a different issue, different rules... there it is not ok if male and female walk together arround midnight on the street... they will ask u milion questions... same as wearing shorts... huh dont go for it...
UNME
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 26, 2006
I am planning on sharing a place with my male friends in Dubai (I'm sick of the Sharjah-Dubai traffic) and the caretaker of one of the places I inquired about told me that it is also prohibited for a group of males to share an apartment/villa/flat in dubai. Huh?? Is that true?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Aug 26, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:I am planning on sharing a place with my male friends in Dubai (I'm sick of the Sharjah-Dubai traffic) and the caretaker of one of the places I inquired about told me that it is also prohibited for a group of males to share an apartment/villa/flat in dubai. Huh?? Is that true?

I heard it is prohibited in 'family areas' which I think means villa areas, but it should be fine for apartments.
DubaiLets
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 26, 2006
Yes, there are many cases of people sharing their flats with too many people without enough bedrooms etc. just to make the living costs more affordable so they can send more money home to their families. As you can see, not many owners want to have 15 guys sharing a 3 bedroom apt., for example.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai