Paid Advisor Required For Property Purchase In Dubai

Topic locked
Paid Advisor Required for Property Purchase in Dubai Jan 08, 2006
Hello,

I am looking for a knowledgeable expat or local with good english to provide me with independant advice on the property market and in general about areas when I come to Dubai in February 2006 to purchase an apartment.

Research on the internet has confused me rather than helped.
I will be looking for a large two bedroom flat for myself and some 1 bedroom flats for investment. I like the Marina, Burj Dubai and the old centre. It would be a priority for the apartment to be in an area with plentiful taxis as I do not drive.

I am looking to get the best deal possible for my money and have a budget of up to £170k (UK Sterling) for the 2 bedroom apartment.

I am willing to pay for the advice given and for mileage if you have a car, otherwise I will pay for all taxis and for advice given at the agreed rate.

I shall be arriving in the 2nd or 3rd week of february and staying for three weeks and intend to purchase at least one property on the initial visit.

Regards

Roberto

roberto
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Reputable agency Jan 29, 2006
Hi, I know a reputable agent who is originally from the UK, he can be contacted on +971503163367 or email grdodd46@hotmail.com. He works for a real estate agency here in Dubai, they will always offer free advice and take you around to visit places and areas of interest at no charge, do not pay anyone to give you advice as these are usually the dodgy agents and there are plenty of them around!!
skyhigh
Dubai Forum User

Jan 29, 2006
Roberto

Just be careful my friend, the sharks that used to work in the UK, now operate the same in Dubai.

Just because they are Brits , doesnt give them "automatic honesty status".

If you want free advice "pm" me with any initial questions"

Cheers
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 29, 2006
.... and Roberto beware of agents using a "hotmail" email address !!!
arniegang

Help needed Jan 29, 2006
Pity you need to put other people down to get the business, anyway he helped us out a lot, his work email address if you must know is gareth@century21gulfgroup.ae, just some friendly advice!
skyhigh
Dubai Forum User

Jan 29, 2006
Furthermore Roberto

Beware of "so called Girlfriends" posting on their "so called boyfriends" behalf.

Read back over Skyhighs posts

this was from last August

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:49 pm Post subject: Questions answered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there, im an aussie expat living in dubai, not too sure if I can answer yur question but try emailing my boyfriend at grdodd46@hotmail.com, he works in the real estate industry here in dubai and he might be able to help you, dont worry he wont be charging you money for his advice, just be careful though as there are some dodgy agents out here so do your homework. Like everything, there are negative and positive view points about buying in Dubai, I have bought two apartments here to save on rent as it is becoming so expensive, I also sold one apartment and made some quick (not alot but some spending money) cash and I am definitely not rich!! Its just about shopping around!!!
arniegang

Re: Help needed Jan 29, 2006
skyhigh wrote:Pity you need to put other people down to get the business, anyway he helped us out a lot, his work email address if you must know is gareth@century21gulfgroup.ae, just some friendly advice!

quote:

"he helped us out a lot", you seem to have a bit of an identity crisis Skyhigh - you mean your boyfriend dont you ? (alegedly)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Re: Help needed Jan 29, 2006
skyhigh wrote:Pity you need to put other people down to get the business, anyway he helped us out a lot, his work email address if you must know is gareth@century21gulfgroup.ae, just some friendly advice!

Also Skyhigh the Website is an American Franchise. It features NO PROPERTIES for sale and has a definate lack of News in the News Section. Below is the link:

http://w2k13072.live-hosting.info/viewnewsmore.aspx

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Mar 06, 2006
i'd say refrain frm investing at this moment.. specially in the more expensive regions.. since most projects r nearing completion.. a reasonable amount of oversupply is expected very sooooon...

thsts when prices may stablize.. or actually lower a bit.. it would b the rite time to pick up a decent property

if ur still interested in consulting a variety of agents.. u can go thru the agents on http://www.dubaipropertyboom.com

all independent agents.. so u'll get a good bunch of opinions frm ppl movin in the market... that should help ur decision well...
dpb
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai