International City Inquiries

Topic locked
International City Inquiries Mar 07, 2007
Hello,
I am planning to move international city as I am workig at DIC, and the most economic solution for me is IC, my concerns are:

1- Which is better Freehold or Rental, I heared that you have to pay around 50k for 1BR, and then you pay the annual amount that's the same as the rent.

2- Which area is the best to stay in considering cost, China, Italy, etc..

3- Community wise, which is the best place that has facilites like hospitals or Supermarkets, etc.. ( I am an Arabian Guy who's married and my wife mostly will not be working so that's why I care about this stuff ).

4- The problem that I believe will piss me off is that sewage plant, someone told me to take as far possible from this plant as the odour is horrible as everyone is complainig, so plz I need to know how to avoid this problem ...

Thanks so much for your help!!

katameeto
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 09, 2007
Freehold is much better in the long run but you will find that there are very few financial institutions that are willing to finance IC

Even if they are, its only around 70% of the total value

China is the sector that has occupants since almost a year or more now... Italy and Morroco are just nearing completion i think
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

IC Tour Mar 10, 2007
I have just come from a tour around IC, it's good, streets are so clean and organized, I had some chats with residents there, the bad smell is coming maybe once or twice a week, and some ppl said they never smelt it, Morroco is the most exposed area to smell, please if you have more information to share post here !,
Thanks.
katameeto
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 11, 2007
I heard the same about Morocco

Also i think that the streets are neat and clean now. But give it another 5 years and Im sure things will start to look like Karama
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 22, 2007
Had a look at a 1 bed room apartment in CBD. Nice apartment but didnt want to live on a building site. Ended up taking a studio in Bur Dubai instead.
Rosbif71
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 22, 2007
Rosbif71 wrote:Had a look at a 1 bed room apartment in CBD. Nice apartment but didnt want to live on a building site. Ended up taking a studio in Bur Dubai instead.

how much are they renting for in the CBD? and isnt the construction work complete in most areas of International City
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 24, 2007
I have a studio in Persia to rent out. There is no smell in that section, since China is blocking it from the plant. My place is ready, but there are no shops around yet except for Dragon Mart.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai