How Much Do You Pay In Advance? Moving Jan 08

Topic locked
How much do you pay in advance? Moving Jan 08 Sep 29, 2008
Hi

My boyfriend and I are moving to Dubai in January. Our new employers are giving us a relocation package but we have read conflicting information on how much rent we need to pay in advance.

Some have said 6 months and others have said up to a year and others have metioned post dated cheques.

Can anyone offer some advice on how much money to bring with us to get started?

thanks!

simone86
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 29, 2008
It really depends on what you can negotiate with your landlord. I pay in four post dated cheques, but many others pay the whole year up front, each case is different.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 29, 2008
thanks for the reply, does that mean we wont necessarly have to have the whole amount in cash when we come over straight away ? we would easily have up to around 4 months worth and within 2-3 months would be able to cover the rest of the year
its just a worry trying to find around £10k in the next 3 months!
simone86
Dubai Forum Guest

we are moving January 09! Sep 29, 2008
we are moving in Jan 09..had a bit of a blonde moment with the first post!
simone86
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 05, 2008
Yes, but like I said you need to negotiate with the landlord over how many cheques he will let you give him.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 10, 2008
simone86 wrote:thanks for the reply, does that mean we wont necessarly have to have the whole amount in cash when we come over straight away ? we would easily have up to around 4 months worth and within 2-3 months would be able to cover the rest of the year
its just a worry trying to find around £10k in the next 3 months!

If you are paying cash then you will probably find that you will have to pay it all upfront, not many landlords would wait a few months for the second amount unless you give him a post dated cheque.
firefly
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 16, 2008
It all depends upon the negotiations and the standard of the place you are looking for. If you are looking for a normal and economical place you have to pay at least 4000 Durhams for that and for a luxurious one at least 6000 to 7000
jenniferedwards
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai