Plzz Help...degree Verification Advice !!!

Topic locked
plzz help...degree verification advice !!! Nov 06, 2008
Hello everyone

My husband and i have been living in dxb since 2 yrs, he is working with a firm here who is now relocating us to riyadh(where we obviously dont want to go).
My husband got an offer from a semi govt org,and had his 1st interview in april and eversince had like 3-4 interviews in the same firm discussing the package n assuring him that he is "IN" but they didnt give anything in writing.
Now in Oct, the CEO signed the papers n sent his degree for verificaion,its been nealry a month and there is no news from there,nothing at all... my husband n i r getting impatient now..they didnt ask for his pictures nothing just his degree to verify..does any kind soul has an answer to this?
Can someone tell me is this the way to be done here? Or shall we take in the CEO's word that my husband is hired n leave his current job as they r relocating us in a month...
plzz i am waiting impatiently..thanks alot[

naila
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 12, 2008
Hi Naila,
Just to let you know degree verification/attestation is a painful process that the Middle East believes in. It is their way to making sure that a document is not fake. The process is: 1) they get verification of the degree from the school, 2) Get it notarized by a local authority, 3) get it stamped by a state authority, 4) get it stamped by a Country Authority (ie. Embassy, foreign affairs dept), 5) get it stamped by Middle East country authority (Foreign affairs) and then it gets sent back to you. It should not take longer than 2 weeks but if the company is doing it, it may take longer because they have no interest in hurrying the process. If they say that they are relocating you then I wouldn't worry. As a matter of practice though, I think your husband should try to get an offer letter immediately. Tell him to tell the CEO he needs it to settle some issues with a pension or something. You may also want to find out the company that your hubby's new job is using to do the verification/attestation and get an update from them directly.

Also you may want to get all degrees, wedding certs, birth certs attested as this version of any formal document is needed in the Middle East.
A company that we used was Helpline. They are located in Diera, Dubai Tower...3rd floor I think. They were fast and pretty reasonable.

Hope this helps.
cheeralal
cheeralal
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 13, 2008
My colleague gave his original Masters degree to our HR lady so she could get it attested and she LOST IT! So be careful.

For some reason they accepted the scanned copy I gave them.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai