Good Choice Or Mistake !

Topic locked
Good choice or mistake ! May 14, 2009
Well after almost 6 months my wife got an appointment letter from a company but I told her to drop the offer. She is a senoir accountant backed with very solid local and overseas experince.

The company a medium scale construction material company was offering 8k all in ( much less than what she was getting before), Saturday working day ! Long hours and top it all of Labanese owner who was already acting bossy.

Told her no point into being pressured into a crappy job which she will regret later on and all those months of waiting will be wasted. We waited so long, we will wait a bit longer.

I think it was the right choice although seems kinda idiotic to turn down a job specially after being without pay for so long and in the current situation.

So what would you have done if in a similar position.

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 14, 2009
I think you both made the right choice. Not because of the $, but the safety/peace of mind issue.

The markets will pick up in a few months, Accountants will be in demand as always. It would be a pity if her boss would give her a hard time at work and not let her go easily when things do get better (if that was her intention).

Cheers, and fingers crossed.
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 15, 2009
Yes, right choice dude
davidchimwaza
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai