GOLF CLUBS WANTED

Topic locked
GOLF CLUBS WANTED Dec 05, 2007
I want a set of clubs - secondhand probably - for my son's Christmas present. New ones are rather too expensive for me!

Claret
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 02, 2008
did you ever find your golf clubs ? my son who is a PGA major in college has 3 sets.. we would gladly bring them with us when we arrive in the UAE. We can give you specifics on all 3 sets and probably give you a set. My son is always into bringing someone new into the world of Golf and helping him in any way he can.
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 02, 2008
Hi Melanie! I didn't ever get any clubs, but I'm not in Dubai, was only visiting from England - but my son would really like some clubs - right handed, is the important thing! He is a bit preoccupied right now with wedding plans but the clubs would be a great Christmas present for this year and I'll happily buy them from you. He is not really a golfing newcomer, but has never played a great deal, having neither money nor space in his various places of residence. His father died 4 years ago, and he and his brothers used to have wonderful golfing times when they were teenagers, so he'd love to bring back his fond memories.

Let me know anything you think I should know - and have a good move!
Claret
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 09, 2008
OK sounds great.. Do you want him to know what he's getting ? If so, he can call my son here in the states and Blake can let him know what is available in which sets to fit him best and we can bring them along. You can send me a PM and I can reply with Blakes cell phone :)
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 09, 2008
That's a great idea - yes he does know I was looking for some clubs for him, so he'd be happy to discuss it with Blake. He has a Dubai mobile phone, the number is 0971507545023. His name is Rustom Vickers. I can get him to register on this forum so that Blake and he can communicate directly - his hotmai l account is his full name Dotcom so maybe that would do.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Claret
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 09, 2008
Hello Claret :)

I forwarded the information to my son, Blake who is at college right now. He is going to email Rustom and let them work out which set would be best for him. My son who is a PGM Major as i mentioned should be able to guide him in the right direction. I told him once they agree on a set, we will travel with the clubs to dubai ( actually Al Ain) where we will be living and work out the logistics getting everything taken care of :) Blake's email address is SBH76@MSSTATE.EDU, if that link isnt forwardable in this reply and doesn't go thru, it is SBH76 at MSSTATE dot EDU
Melanie
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

golf clubs Nov 26, 2008
Claret.. did the boys every figure out the sale of the clubs ? Hubby and I are going back to the states for Xmas and will be back around the end of dec. If possible, we can bring them back with us but it will be an extra bag cost of probably 200.00. So if interested still, have the boys let us know : )

Melanie
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2009
I can supply you if you wanted,pls email to me,thanks.
fukama2009
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Will Buy in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Will Buy in Dubai