Books

Topic locked
Books Aug 23, 2006
Hello
I am an avid reader and notied in Dubai they are expensive and do not sell second hand. Does anyone know of any cheap/second hand book shops, do books get sld on here?
Thank you

TEEDS82
Dubai Forum Guest

Books Jul 26, 2007
Try Bookworld...theyre dirt cheap and have quite an okay collection. I just borrowed 'the Bible Code' from them and liked it that I bought it for 20 bucks. I cant bleeeeve how no one helped out on this 1 :roll:
dominoeffect
Dubai Forum User

Re: Books Jul 28, 2007
TEEDS82 wrote: I am an avid reader ...

Try Archies Library.
It was 100 aed deposit, 75 aed annual fees and 2-5 dhs per book for 2 weeks ...
04-3967924 - ask them where is the nearest to you.
Empi
Dubai Forum User

Re: Books Jul 28, 2007
Hey, dominoeffect! You have found an old topic and I followed you! :lol:

Anyway the info may be useful ... :wink:
Empi
Dubai Forum User

Re: Books Jul 30, 2007
TEEDS82 wrote:Does anyone know of any cheap/second hand book shops, do books get sld on here?Thank you

There was one in one of the shopping centers along Beach Road near Mercato. House of Prose I think.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Surrounded by books... Aug 05, 2007
Thanks Empi...I tried out archies way back. Quite honestly I havent the time to read so my subscription goes to a waste. Im still 'chewing' on my Harry Potter book.
I want to sell loads of books I got which are nice titles. I just dont have the place. One day I hope I own a huge library but for now I need the space and have bags of books to sell off. Anyone know of shops willing to buy?
dominoeffect
Dubai Forum User

Aug 21, 2007
Why don't you announce a garage sale of your books through this forum and dubizzle? I'm sure you'll have some people interested in buying from you.

Or if you don't really need to make money from the books, donate them to the Medecins Sans Frontieres (www.msfuae.ae). They have book fairs twice a year, I think, through which they raise money for their activities. They accept donations of all kinds of books.

Enjoy
avkurian
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 21, 2007
souq.com is another option

alot of people are happy with it so far
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Books Aug 21, 2007
bonk wrote:
TEEDS82 wrote:Does anyone know of any cheap/second hand book shops, do books get sld on here?Thank you

There was one in one of the shopping centers along Beach Road near Mercato. House of Prose I think.

There was one in jumeira plaza, not sure if its still there
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Will Buy in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Will Buy in Dubai