Turkey

Topic locked
Turkey Apr 29, 2010
So we planned a trip to Turkey, Kusadasi in late July. Which places you would suggest around the area we can check?

What food and drinks to try?

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Turkey Apr 30, 2010
We called in Kusadasi when we cruised the Med on the QE2. When we walked up the middle of the main street EVERY shop-owner stepped out to try and drag us into his shop !! What a pain !! There must have been at least 50. We kept saying no, but they were persistent. Most had jewellery shops.

Ephesus , the Roman ruins outside Kusadasi is the famous site, really worth visiting. Spectacular library ruins!

We called in Marmaris down the coast, but the shop-keepers left us alone there, thank goodness. Beautiful coastline. Plenty of trees and hills, with sandy beaches.
See my visit-turkey.co.uk site for more info.

-- Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:51 am --

Mind you. We called there in November when there were very few tourists, apart from the QE2 passengers.......so we were targetted !
With far bigger crowds in summer, you will get less hassle. See visit-turkey.co.uk
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Turkey Apr 30, 2010
And the spam starts ! :D
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Turkey May 29, 2010
melika969 wrote:What food and drinks to try?

Burek (pastry stuffed with meat or cheese), manti, pilav, biber dolma (green peppers stuffed with spiced rice, asure (sort of puding), etc, est. Turlish cuisine is really great, one of my favourite cuisins, and, in my opinion, it's much beter than Arabic.
Despinaki
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Turkey Jun 02, 2010
^^^Hey, thanks for the info, i will try them all... so excited abt it!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Turkey Jun 15, 2010
So we had a little changes in plan and I visited Turkey last week, not Kusadasi, but Istnabul.

I must say it is an amazing city, greta nature, greta food, great people. The city is sooo beautiful, weather was amazing, there was a diversity of yummy food, and people was so kind and ready to help tourists, they only problem was lots of them can not speak english.

Thanks Turkey!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Turkey Jun 19, 2010
nice to hear you like Turkiye , you are right ; our people must learn english , its necessary. İ hope you visit different beautiful place in Turkiye in the future ...
Mecruh
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Turkey Jun 19, 2010
Haha! no ur people must not learn English, I must learn Turkish! ;) and I noticed they know German more than English, sometimes when I asked them in English, they replied me in German ( I know a little German)...

Hopefully I will visit Turkey a lot in future, as my new company is Turkish! yaaayyy!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around