TORONTO For 5 Days

Topic locked
TORONTO for 5 days Feb 20, 2007
i am going to Toronto for 5 days to visit my BRO...any good suggestions for nightlife/places to eat/visit...he is going to be working days and i wanna know if anyone knows of good hangouts...also its his wife's birthday so i wanna take them out for a good meal...any suggestions for nice resturants with a good wine selection...
cheers
me

constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: TORONTO for 5 days Feb 21, 2007
constantine wrote:i am going to Toronto for 5 days to visit my BRO...any good suggestions for nightlife/places to eat/visit...he is going to be working days and i wanna know if anyone knows of good hangouts...also its his wife's birthday so i wanna take them out for a good meal...any suggestions for nice resturants with a good wine selection...
cheers
me

It is freaking cold in Toronto this time of year it is -7C at the moment and with the windchill it feels like -13C (no shorts or sandals please). One suggestion; fly to New York. There are cheap flights it isn't as cold and there is more to do :wink:

Toronto is like Dubai in July and August everything happens indoors. They have a very good undergraound connecting system between buildings/malls to avoid the numbing cold.

You'll have fun. Don't forget the gloves, scarf, hat, winter boots! Oh, and coat! Wear layers of clothing.

Go to an NHL hockey game. You missed the Quebec Winter Carnival I think.
I wrote
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 21, 2007
if i had a choice do you think i would go there now...lol...i just got my permanent residency there and i have to land within the next 2 weeks...also my brother lives there...thus the urgency...would be helpful if you could suggest any good resturants...like italian/french/japanese/provential food...or any good nightclubs...
thanks for the other tips though
me
constantine

Feb 21, 2007
food: well, there is more indian food in Toronto than in Dubai :wink: :shock:

Can't really recommend any places. Its been a while since I've been there and I trust restaurants for at most a month! Nowadays chefs are like permanent residents of the UAE. Here today gone tomorrow.

Permanent Residency in Canada? What, are they desperate? :wink:

All the best.

*contacting immigration office at the US border to be on the lookout for you* :wink:
I wrote
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 21, 2007
I wrote wrote:food: well, there is more indian food in Toronto than in Dubai :wink: :shock:

Can't really recommend any places. Its been a while since I've been there and I trust restaurants for at most a month! Nowadays chefs are like permanent residents of the UAE. Here today gone tomorrow.

Permanent Residency in Canada? What, are they desperate? :wink:

All the best.

*contacting immigration office at the US border to be on the lookout for you* :wink:

har de har de har!!....hahaha....funny...not :P ....are you a canuck though?...

PS; i would have written a more biting reply...but i gotta see the roger waters concert...and i am hungover from last nights debaunchery...
constantine

Feb 21, 2007
Did you see my grandmother there! She was the one with the tripple D's and tights :shock:

Not Canadian. From South Park we hate them.
I wrote
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 22, 2007
I wrote wrote:Did you see my grandmother there! She was the one with the tripple D's and tights :shock:

Not Canadian. From South Park we hate them.

so you're underage then? :wink: ...ahh it all makes sense now...
constantine

Feb 22, 2007
constantine wrote:i just got my permanent residency there and i have to land within the next 2 weeks

I'm interested to know more on this matter (procedure, how long, pass mark, total costs, residency categories, your nationality if you don't mind, etc) as I have plan in 5 years to migrate to Canada (wish to get new/second citizenship/passport). Would you mind inform me? Thanks.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 25, 2007
Hey Constantine,

Gool luck man. You'll freeze your balls there. Come back soon.

And don't be mixing "JD" and maple syrup yet. That's a summer drink.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2007
Oh and don't mention you know either Fayz or Kanelli or they'll turn you around at immigration!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 25, 2007
xty wrote:
constantine wrote:i just got my permanent residency there and i have to land within the next 2 weeks

I'm interested to know more on this matter (procedure, how long, pass mark, total costs, residency categories, your nationality if you don't mind, etc) as I have plan in 5 years to migrate to Canada (wish to get new/second citizenship/passport). Would you mind inform me? Thanks.

google CIC and you will get all the answers

thanks conc..
will make sure i dont mention the dubai canucks...in fact if i open my big gob they might turn me away... :lol:

its a 20 hr flight...not looking forward to that !!
constantine

Aug 01, 2007
how is the weather like in mid august? i'm going for 4-5 days to visit a friend. anything anyone would like to recommend i *have* to do during my stay there...oh and where would an ideal place to stay at a hotel be?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 26, 2008
bushra21 wrote:how is the weather like in mid august?

That's the middle of the summer, and August is usually hot and humid. The avg highs are in the high 20's to low 30's and it can be very humid. That's normal. However, when I lived there, there was one year, in August, when the temperature dropped to about 15 degrees with northerly winds. Not nice. 8)
natalie8
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 27, 2008
Read Below Post What I Write.
(I Made Double Post, So I Had To Change This)
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 27, 2008
i am going to Toronto for 5 days to visit my BRO...any good suggestions for nightlife/places to eat/visit...he is going to be working days and i wanna know if anyone knows of good hangouts...also its his wife's birthday so i wanna take them out for a good meal...any suggestions for nice resturants with a good wine selection...
cheers

When You Arrive In Toronto, There Wont Be Problem To Find The Things You Are Looking For.

May Be Even Easier.
orik
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around