Kish Island

Topic locked
Kish Island Dec 01, 2006
I've been thinking about visiting Kish Island (no, not for a visa run, but just to see what the place is like).

Any good/bad impressions of the island?

Do non-Muslim women have to wear the hejab on Kish Island?

As for booze, is Kish Island officially "dry" like the rest of Iran?

OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 01, 2006
I've never been to Kish Island. Most people who went there told me that it's nice there with lots of expats waiting for their visa to come back to dubai.

If you're a female you have to bring with you a shela and long sleeves (not tight), you will wear them upon reaching the kish airport and while commuting to the hotel.

The island is dry and very nice in the evening. I would suggest you to bring extra food & water.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Kish Dec 02, 2006
Thanks for the info.

How about costs?

I asusme the resorts on Kish are not as expensive as Dubai.
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Kish Dec 02, 2006
OldAsiaHand wrote:Thanks for the info.

How about costs?

I asusme the resorts on Kish are not as expensive as Dubai.

As per the description of my colleagues who went there, the hotel there is not really the "hotel" like what we have here in Dubai. It is more of a pension house, most of their guests are stranded expats waiting for their visa.

You will be surprised also because the hotel room is sharing (hehehe), because it's always fully booked. They are charging per person and not by room, per person per day is Dhs.35/- and you've to give deposit of Dhs.200/-. If you wish to stay there more than 7 - 10 days, you have to pay Iran residence visa, which is around Dhs.250-300/-. Two way ticket is around Dhs.450-600/- (depends on the travel agency).

A can of coke is R2000/- rial (iran money) hehehe. Telecommunications is also a problem there, only selected areas have signal. It's quite an adventure to go there . A primitive and pristine island in the gulf.

Enjoy! :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Kish Jan 20, 2007
Thanks for the messages.

Anyone else out there with info on Kish?
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 22, 2007
Anybody heard about an underground city in Kish island? some say its an interesting spot.
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around