Going To Milano Italy....Need Advise!

Topic locked
Going to Milano Italy....Need advise! Mar 26, 2007
Okay, world travelers out there! Need to know best place to stay in Milan as we are going in a couple of weeks. Want to stay near all of the hot spots! Please advise.

dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 26, 2007
You are going for a couple of weeks to Milan? Or to Italy for a couple of weeks.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 26, 2007
Hey Concord!

We are going to Milan for 5 days. Husband is working there and I will meet up with him. Where should we stay? I want to stay close to the shopping and as much activity that we can do in that period of time.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 27, 2007
I have no recomendation for Milan - Sorry. But be sure to give us a report when you get back!

Defenitely go to lake Cuomo - visit Mario :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 27, 2007
I've been to Milano for couple of times. Never get bored. The reason? You can tell from my avatar ;)

Once I stayed for few days in Baviera Mokinba hotel (Via Panfilo Castaldi 7). Booked through venere.com. It was 3* price (65 Euro) with 4* quality. I think it's increasing now. Not big but excellent furnishing. Great location. Near metro station (Repubblica). Walk distance to main train station (good if you travel around Italy by train). Walk distance to famous shopping street (Corso Buenos Aires).

Shopping places: Corso Buenos Aires down to Corso Venezia, Galeria Vittorio Emanuelle II between La Scala theatre and Piazza Duomo, then South to Via Mazzini or Via Orefici.

Let me know if you're interested in watching football (read: AC Milan ;) ) or just visiting the stadium. I could give the best way to the stadium. Or even more, buying its merchandises. (Can you buy for me? I'll replace :P just kidding... no I'm serious :P)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 28, 2007
Thanks for your comments xty! It should be a blast, and am looking forward to it!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 05, 2007
Dubai Girl I am living in Milan where I am working as Sales Director of MENA Area Middle East North Africa Region. I have an apartment in Sharjah where I am staying a week every month.

Fell free to ask for suggestions where you will travel to my city
giutomma
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 06, 2007
giutomma wrote:Dubai Girl I am living in Milan where I am working as Sales Director of MENA Area Middle East North Africa Region. I have an apartment in Sharjah where I am staying a week every month.

Giutomma, my man! You're like an answer to my prayer :D
This is great! Any chance that you could buy some "red & black" stuffs for me? Off course I'll pay back. Please :)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Milan Apr 16, 2007
xty wrote:
giutomma wrote:Dubai Girl I am living in Milan where I am working as Sales Director of MENA Area Middle East North Africa Region. I have an apartment in Sharjah where I am staying a week every month.

Giutomma, my man! You're like an answer to my prayer :D
This is great! Any chance that you could buy some "red & black" stuffs for me? Off course I'll pay back. Please :)

No problem! A friend of mine is the architect woho provided new style of San Siro stadium with VIP lounges with glasses and bar restaurant...
Let me know your wishes and I will try to satisfy!
giutomma
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Milan Apr 19, 2007
giutomma wrote:No problem! A friend of mine is the architect who provided new style of San Siro stadium with VIP lounges with glasses and bar restaurant...
Let me know your wishes and I will try to satisfy!

This is great! Thanks in advance.

I've been to San Siro couple of times and once watched the match. It was incredible. Lifetime experience that I will never forget. I hope to go again there someday. VIP lounges is only a dream for me ;) My wish is to sit on the red seat (semi-VIP) just behind the players' seats ;)

At the moment I'm eyeing one set of 11 DVDs of "La Grande Storia Del Milan" from La Gazzetta Dello Sport and 3 copies of "Io, Paolo Maldini" books (for total of about 138 Euros excluding shipping cost). They can be purchased online from internetbookshop.it. We'll discuss in details later on how we should proceed (e.g. you buy first for me or using your local address).

I'll be in Dubai for few days beginning of May ( 5-8 ) if we could meet. Else I'll ask my wife to meet and collect from you.

Thanks again.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around