EAST TIMOR

Topic locked
EAST TIMOR Nov 10, 2006
My childhood friend is currently based in east timor, she's working for NGO. She's inviting me there for her upcoming wedding.

Question: Anyone here visited east timor ? how's the peace and order situation there?

asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: EAST TIMOR Nov 11, 2006
asc_26 wrote:My childhood friend is currently based in east timor, she's working for NGO. She's inviting me there for her upcoming wedding.

Question: Anyone here visited east timor ? how's the peace and order situation there?

I don't know but what does your friend tell you? Might be good for us to know.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 11, 2006
My friend seems happy to be there and I believe she's marrying an aussie guy. I didn't hear any negative news about east timor from her. But what i read from the paper is quite alarming, there's still war going on there. :( :( :(

I keep on inquiring from my friend to tell me what's really going on there, she said they're fine and very happy to be there. :oops:

I would like to hear some more first hand informations. I would like to go to east timor - i will call it adventure of my life - but safety & security are my priorities when travelling. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
my ex gf worked in east timor in the UN ...according to her its peaceful enough as a UN peace keeping mission can go...not as dangerous as ARITRIYA or some of the other countries which needs a peace keeping force...its still under developed and to my knowledge everythng is traded in US dollars..its not a cheap place to visit..as they do rely on tourists...its beautiful and green and still unspoilt by the whole tourist trap...worth a visit...if your intentions are to visit and see a place that not too many people choose to see or make thier holiday destination...hope that helps..
cheers
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 13, 2006
constantine wrote:my ex gf worked in east timor in the UN ...according to her its peaceful enough as a UN peace keeping mission can go...not as dangerous as ARITRIYA or some of the other countries which needs a peace keeping force...its still under developed and to my knowledge everythng is traded in US dollars..its not a cheap place to visit..as they do rely on tourists...its beautiful and green and still unspoilt by the whole tourist trap...worth a visit...if your intentions are to visit and see a place that not too many people choose to see or make thier holiday destination...hope that helps..
cheers

That's what most of our friends said - not a cheap place to visit - but very nice place. I will be one of the bridemaids const, so i think i have to make it there. I still have 7 months to save for the trip :lol: ~~i'm still hoping the couple will change their minds and have the wedding back home. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
constantine wrote:my ex gf worked in east timor in the UN ...according to her its peaceful enough as a UN peace keeping mission can go...not as dangerous as ARITRIYA or some of the other countries which needs a peace keeping force...its still under developed and to my knowledge everythng is traded in US dollars..its not a cheap place to visit..as they do rely on tourists...its beautiful and green and still unspoilt by the whole tourist trap...worth a visit...if your intentions are to visit and see a place that not too many people choose to see or make thier holiday destination...hope that helps..
cheers

That's what most of our friends said - not a cheap place to visit - but very nice place. I will be one of the bridemaids const, so i think i have to make it there. I still have 7 months to save for the trip :lol: ~~i'm still hoping the couple will change their minds and have the wedding back home. :wink:

Take const with you he'll show you around.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
cheers

Sorry but I think your friend is cheap. She won't pay for your tickets going there? :twisted:
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 13, 2006
yujinn wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
cheers

Sorry but I think your friend is cheap. She won't pay for your tickets going there? :twisted:

You're the cheapest :!: :twisted: How you know she won't pay for my tickets? :!:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
cheers

Const is already taken. Why not you? :wink: :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
cheers

I'm only 13<<<<<<<<<<<<<< won't get permission from my teacher or parents. Maybe in 5 years.

p.s. I thought const's posts stated "x" - unless her name is "Xena" :shock:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2006
asc_26 wrote:You're the cheapest :!: :twisted: How you know she won't pay for my tickets? :!:

:lol: I presume too much, sorry. I thought that is what you'll be saving up for in 7 months. So what are you going to save up for then if not for the tickets? 7 months would mean a lot of money! :wink:
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 13, 2006
My presence is more important. Whether the couple will shoulder my ticket or not, it's none of your business & to say that my friend is CHEAP.

If you have nothing much to say about EAST TIMOR other than criticising my friend, you'd better back OFF!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
cheers

I'm only 13<<<<<<<<<<<<<< won't get permission from my teacher or parents. Maybe in 5 years.

p.s. I thought const's posts stated "x" - unless her name is "Xena" :shock:

ohhh... i'm only 12. Thats her X but he has new one now. :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
asc_26 wrote:If you have nothing much to say about EAST TIMOR other than criticising my friend, you'd better back OFF!

Okay, okay! backing off now... Jesus Christ! :lol:
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 13, 2006
yujinn wrote:
asc_26 wrote:If you have nothing much to say about EAST TIMOR other than criticising my friend, you'd better back OFF!

Okay, okay! backing off now... Jesus Christ! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's ok yujinn...chill! You're a christian, don't use JC as your expression it's called blasphemy. Remember the 1st commandment? :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
hey hey hey

i aint taken...unless in the kinkiest was possible and not by aliens for an innocent probe...single and loving it...thank you very much... :wink:
constantine

Nov 13, 2006
asc_26 wrote:Thats her X but he has new one now. :lol:

thats news to me...i have a new GF?...where is she...how come i havent seen her??...lol...
constantine

Nov 13, 2006
constantine wrote:

thats news to me...i have a new GF?...where is she...how come i havent seen her??...lol...

LOL, you may ask concord about it. :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
constantine wrote:

Well now that it is clear you are free to take const with you he'll be an excellent guide and a gentleman - specially since you will pay his way.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2006
Concord wrote:
asc_26 wrote:
constantine wrote:

Well now that it is clear you are free to take const with you he'll be an excellent guide and a gentleman - specially since you will pay his way.

:lol: No, No...If const will be with me he'll get to see his X and probably might rekindle the love they've had at my expense..tsk..tsk..tsk.. Concord?! :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 13, 2006
somehow i feel i am being "shanghied" into this sham...my ex is fine thank u...we are still good friends...in fact i DID see her in hong kong...so east timor is not a danger zone for love of any kind...i just came back from a beautiful holiday...so might pass on the tourist guide offer...enjoy your time in timor... :wink:
constantine

Nov 13, 2006
Thanks Constantine!

See Concord, he don't want to go with me. You're the ONE ...hahahaha! :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around