My Country: Poland. What Do You Think About This Place?

Topic locked
My country: Poland. What do you think about this place? Nov 23, 2009
Have you ever been in this country? I am curious about your opinions :)

Parisienne
Dubai Forum User

Re: My country: Poland. What do you think about this place? Dec 03, 2009
Had friends that said the skiing was great, the prices good and the women are all slim and very beautiful!
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Re: My country: Poland. What do you think about this place? Dec 05, 2009
in my opinion you should arrive and alone become convinced:) what can I say? perhaps the country isn't richest and there are no such cities as New York, but SOMETHING has it. I'm not writing it, because I am a Pole, but this way I can see it. So I'm inviting everyone:)
Parisienne
Dubai Forum User

Re: My country: Poland. What do you think about this place? Dec 05, 2009
Parisienne, big cities aren't all that, usually they aren't representative of the rest of the country and also many are becoming nothing but endless, gucci and starbucks, mcdonalds etc and losing their character.

Would be cool to visit and see the speedway!
Roadtester
Dubai forums Addict

Re: My country: Poland. What do you think about this place? Dec 06, 2009
Personally I don't know many places with distinctive culture in Poland I like to visit. That's why Poland is far behind Saxony, Hungary, Prague and Austria in my Eastern European travel list.

It would be great if you told us about some interesting places with medieval architecture in Poland.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Re: My country: Poland. What do you think about this place? Feb 24, 2010
Hi Folks,

All good experiences in Poland, but only because of good preparations. I have been twice in Poland, once a trip to Warsaw, Olsztyn and the regions Mazurski and Bialowieza during autumn . A second time was to Krakow, Auschwitz and the Tatra mountains in the south with a Polish Ex-girlfriend last spring.

Coming from western Europe, the first experiences when you arrive in Poland is that the cities are very greyish, but once you enter the city centers, this is just a mistake. Warsaw is a colorfull center (with grey suburbs) and Krakow is one of the most beautiful places you can visit. The food and ho(s)tels are cheap, the people nice and very helpful. The only issues I had is the language, in my humble opinion the most difficult language on earth, especially the pronounciation, but also the grammar is confusing.

In the city you can help yourself with some English and German, but once you go to the countryside, only Polish is possible ...(which is pretty shitty when you can only say Dzjien Dobre = good day). Notwithstanding the language issues, travelling around is recommended. National Park Bialowieza has European Buffalos, Mazurski is famous for the lovely lakes and the Tatra are stunning.

Cheers,

The country side
lightning
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around