Buying In Ibiza, Baleric Islands

Topic locked
Buying in Ibiza, Baleric Islands Jul 23, 2008
Hi guys.
Could anyone advise me if it would be a sound investment to purchase a villa in Ibiza? They do seem quite expensive but with the amount of visitors each year and the popularity of the island, which seems to increase year on year. Would the purchase or a higher priced investment property compared with buying in Dubai, be worth the extra?
Many thanks.

jennyhicks
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 24, 2009
Well, certainly buy a villa in Ibiza is expensive... Although you can get very good money in summer you have to consider that this is going to be only about 4 months a year (very few turists in winter). On the other hand, there the business is to rent per day and that means you having someone or a company taking care of the arrengements or you being there.
Like everywhere if you finally decide to buy location is important. I´m from Ibiza so let me know if you have any specific question.
Ibs
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 06, 2009
The web-site www.visit-spain.co.uk has quite a bit of interesting information on the Balearics and Ibiza. It seems that whilst San Antonio is very lively and frequented by partying youngsters, that other parts of the island are very quiet.
Be careful on property prices everywhere. This recession is likely to get worse and property prices will fall more. The value of the Euro against the pound means that it is now VERY expensive for all UK residents to purchase anything, including property, in the Euro zone. An Euro was worth about 70 pence a year ago. Whilst in Barcelona in November 2008 , it was almost 95 pence on a tourist rate.
Eating out in Barcelona had become much more expensive.
How is the economy of Ibiza faring? I should imagine you will get a lot fewer Brits in 2009.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
Been to Palma Mallorca, I heard that there are factory outlets there for Camper shoes as that's where they manufacture 'em. So look out for them when you're there. :)
siegeknife
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Buying in Ibiza, Baleric Islands Jun 10, 2009
IBIZA villa Brand New for sale. ...see my facebook photo album under facebook name Ibiza Dance.

Regards, Mila
smilaz
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around