Live Music Promoter / Organizer From U.S. - Poss. In Dubai ?

Topic locked
Live Music Promoter / Organizer From U.S. - Poss. In Dubai ? Oct 17, 2007
Have 11+ years of experience of organizing, promoting and running live concerts here in a large city in the United States. Started from scratch as I own and operate the company myself. Received a great deal of press from several large publications (many non-music related covering the unique aspect of the company)

Have brought over 4,000+ bands from all around the world. Specializing in hosting shows in "unusual spaces" (non traditional concert venues) where all of the production and staff had to be brought in and set-up that day. Our average show attendance per event is 300-500 people a night (with occasional large events for 3,000+ people).

Looking to continue to work in event planning and live music.

But before even worrying about that - Is there a "scene" (for lack of a better term) for american/international bands in Dubai ? In other words - Would anyone care ? While I was over there Time Out Dubai was writing about a good deal of the bands that we do shows for in Philadelphia (the bands tend to be from the more cool/hip/indie side of things) but I am skeptic that there is a enough people interested in this to sustain a frequent concert basis (at least with these kind of bands)

Are there any hip / botique hotels (or nightclubs) in Dubai that tend to focus on 20/30 somethings (with money) . I worked with a few hotels bringing bands from Europe to play at their hotel to raise the profile of the hotel (and it worked)

Any help / ideas / comments are appreciated !

Sagnew
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted