Legal / Employment : Some Questions

Topic locked
Legal / Employment : Some questions Nov 13, 2006
Hi,

I have 7 years legal experience as a department head for a medium sized law firm in South Africa. Also another year in legal with a bank.

I contacted one of the well known agencies in Dubai after seeing their advert and I was sent back an email that even though I would more than qualify for the role, unfortunately I am not in Dubai for a face-to-face interview so they had to turn my CV away.

My questions are as follows:

1. I am brown in colour. How important is it in Dubai?

2. If I flew out to Dubai, would renting an apartment be a problem as I would not have a work permit so no local banking?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

L&M
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Legal / Employment : Some questions Nov 13, 2006
L&M wrote:Hi,

I have 7 years legal experience as a department head for a medium sized law firm in South Africa. Also another year in legal with a bank.

I contacted one of the well known agencies in Dubai after seeing their advert and I was sent back an email that even though I would more than qualify for the role, unfortunately I am not in Dubai for a face-to-face interview so they had to turn my CV away.

2. If I flew out to Dubai, would renting an apartment be a problem as I would not have a work permit so no local banking?

Thanks!

Hi L & M, let me give your Q's a try:

1. Employment wise credentials and experience matters most. But I must say that for salary issues, white race is still ahead than the brown race. :?

2. It should not be a problem as long as your going to rent it from a person not a real estate. You should be careful about this of course. One of the major requirements in leasing an apartment from a real estate is the labor card/permit to work.

:wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Legal / Employment : Some questions Nov 13, 2006
zam wrote:
L&M wrote:Hi,

Thanks!

Hi L & M, let me give your Q's a try:

1. Employment wise credentials and experience matters most. But I must say that for salary issues, white race is still ahead than the brown race. :?

2. It should not be a problem as long as your going to rent it from a person not a real estate. You should be careful about this of course. One of the major requirements in leasing an apartment from a real estate is the labor card/permit to work.

:wink:

Good answer Zam, with the leasing question even private owners are supposed to have a proper Tennancy Contract, may be difficult to find such an arrangement.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted