Fresh Grads Are Looking For A Job In Dubai!!Unbelieveble!!

Topic locked
Fresh grads are looking for a job in Dubai!!Unbelieveble!! Mar 26, 2008
It's so hard to find a job...but it's harder for a fresh grad and this is why I opened this topic!!!

Everyone is asking for 4-5-6-7-8-9 years of experience, eng. MBA/CDA/KKAO/JAjH/HAHD (!?!?what!?!?) degree, age below 28, "speaking Russian and/or Pharsi would be an advantage", on father, cousin, brother, friend of the cousin's visa (!!!?!?what!?!?) :?:

What if we spent the last couple of years studying hard and maybe trying to get the top marks and maybe learning several languages and maybe learning how to use perfectly MS Office!? :shock:
What if we are not eng., arch., software progr., etc???! :shock:
What if we have chosen another type of degree?!!? :shock:
What if we have simply other interests??!! Does it make sense or is so unbelievable!?! :shock:
What if we don’t really know the UAE real estate market, but we can still learn it?!?! Just because we have a degree it doesn’t mean that we are not able to learn new things…we haven’t used all our brains!! We still have a bit of energy!!
What if we don't really like physics!?!? :shock:
What if we have just worked part time as a promoter (and not of credit cards or life insurance) or as ice-cream man or as a dogsitter?!! I know that sometimes it is hard to understand it BUT if we are 24/25 years old how can we have 12 years of work experience!??! :shock:
What if even if we are not a financial analyst we surprisingly know what is the Dow Jones?!?!
What if I am not a blonde south african?? :shock:
Why we cannot have a job if we weren’t basketball champions!?!?!
Why do you always write “team-player, self-confident, energetic, money motivated (stop write it..who is not money motivated!?!?do you think that people work just for fun!?!?), work under pressure, etc” on your adverts and you do not accept to read on my cover letter that I can really work in a tem?!?!?! Why you don’t believe me!?!?! Maybe, if you don’t write always the same things you don’t get bored if someone else is writing it!!!
Why being organized is considered a “soft skill”and being a “Area Sales Manager” is a “strong skill”?!?!That is a job!It’s not a skill!!? (please see monster.com) :shock:
What if we don’t speak Russian but we speak other 4 languages!?!
What if we haven’t go thousand of contacts we aren’t employable but maybe if you give me a job I will have billions of contacts and maybe if you give me a job I can go out to build a network and this is quite difficult if I haven’t got any money….!?!?!Does it make sense!?!? :shock:
What it we are not so happy if you ask us to have a car+accomodation, commission only, portfolio record, on father’s/brother’s sponsorship….what else do you want? That we pay you and maybe cook for you “Spaghetti alla Bolognese”!?!?!? :shock:
What if I haven’t got a family to maintain you cannot rely on me?? Maybe I come to work less stressed because when I go home I just have to think about one person: me!!! :shock:
What if EVEN IF I am Italian it is so difficult to believe that I am not related to the Mafia, that I don’t only eat pasta and pizza and drink espresso??? I will just be surprised if you drink cappuccino with pasta and put ketchup on pizza but, believe me, I will try to tolerate it!! :shock:

They tell us: “It takes time to find a job”
I tell you: “More then time.. we’re trying to take it easy!!!”

If you are in the same position, do not hesitate to reply…..YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!
:D

nymphe
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 26, 2008
chill out mate... I was in your position and I thought the same...

before you get a job... you need to be positive... and always smile... dont put negative thought in your head (they poison you)

this is the best time to find a job...

you are an entry level... don't ask for much (in terms of salary) but you still need to find out what is your price (degree, nationality etc)

if you are applying and you dont get any responses... believe it or not.. it is your CV that need to work at...

show it to seniors, fathers of your friends, or get pro advice... dont rely on one person... show it to three atleast.

please dont mention in your CV that you have worked as a cigarettes promoter and on the same time you are applying for an IT position :shock: if you know what I mean...

and my advice... go for big corporation companies... accept their offers even if it is very low... start young with them... coz in less than 5 years (come back here and post your position)

there are many small companies that offer great salaries... but if you look at the long-run... you can't really advance much..

again I say.. aim for big corporations...

I started 6years back for AED 1800 only... now after 6 years on the same company I am in charge of a division for all our middle east branches.

good luck in your search and career
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

thanks^_^ Mar 27, 2008
thank you very much for your advice!!!
I will do!!...It is just so frustrating...one day I'm really euphoric about everything and the next day I feel like sh**!But this is life..isn't it!??!?!

if I send you my CV with everything that I have done would you have 1 min to have a look at?? :P
nymphe
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: thanks^_^ Mar 27, 2008
nymphe wrote:thank you very much for your advice!!!
I will do!!...It is just so frustrating...one day I'm really euphoric about everything and the next day I feel like sh**!But this is life..isn't it!??!?!

if I send you my CV with everything that I have done would you have 1 min to have a look at?? :P

I am honored to do so...

I have already done it for a member on this and its a pleasure to do it again...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Re: Fresh grads are looking for a job in Dubai!!Unbelieveble Mar 27, 2008
nymphe wrote:What if we are not eng., arch., software progr., etc???! :shock:
What if we have chosen another type of degree?!!? :shock:

then thats your own fault.

anyone can get a business degree, but can bubble under in the workplace because not everyone is cut for business in the real world, especially here where things are moving faster than your blink rate.

so rightfully so, business degrees are just papers, equivelant of toilet papers really, they add nothing to your merits.... you need to get out there and prove yourself before anyone can hire you.

architecture and engineering degrees, not everyone can accomplish - and depending on which school you finish them at, you get instant kudos.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

same here Mar 28, 2008
thats true finding a job and working well under pressure is not every1's cup of tea..and that too incase of freshers..but i do feel company's should give a chance to new candidates..who knows may be those new candidates might flourish their business..
prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

re Apr 04, 2008
Ebonics.....I haven't got a business degree...:p...
"you need to get out there and prove yourself before anyone can hire you"---> I guarantee that many freshers like me would like to prove themselves but I think that we should be hired first!!!

prettygal: I agree!!

Have a nice day!!! :D
nymphe
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted