Disney World Vs. Dubai Land

Topic locked
Disney World vs. Dubai Land May 04, 2006
I am an IT Project Manager at Walt Disney World in Florida where I successfully managed several hi-tech projects for the parks. I have been hearing about Dubai Land and was wondering if anyone knows how to apply for jobs there. I have seen their web site but there is no employment section available on that site.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

msshadid
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Recruitment Companies May 07, 2006
Any ideas guys, I know that Dubai Land is not open yet, but I am sure that they have an HR department or may have outsourced the HR department to a recruitment company.

Or if any company is looking for an IT Manager or a Sr. Business System Analyst to please let me know..

Thanks

Mike
:roll:
msshadid
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Disney World vs. Dubai Land May 07, 2006
msshadid wrote:I am an IT Project Manager at Walt Disney World in Florida where I successfully managed several hi-tech projects for the parks. I have been hearing about Dubai Land and was wondering if anyone knows how to apply for jobs there. I have seen their web site but there is no employment section available on that site.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I might start working for Disney World this fall (entry job) but I heard they underpay their employees, maybe Dubai Land pays better., who knows.
Al7Isra
Dubai Forums Member

May 08, 2006
I am sorry, I can not comment on salaries, however, as you said, it is ENTRY LEVEL job, so don’t expect to make big $$. Working for Disney is challenging, it is all new technology and they only look for the best talent when it comes to hiring. Beside it is too early for you to say you may get a job at Disney in the Fall unless you know you may join them as an intern………. :roll:
msshadid
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 08, 2006
Hi Msshahid,

Just to let you know that DubaiLand is not really one centrally themed project in the same was as DisneyLand. It is a Dubai Government initiative that is being planned and instigated by a series of independent investors, each with their own themes and areas of activity, the whole being effectively a franchise to develop real estate.

You would do better to contact any of the independent investors who may or may not have their details listed on the website and who may, or may not, have actually finalised what they will be building and operating on their allocated sites.

Best of luck!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 08, 2006
Thanks for your replay Knight. I will browse their website thoroughly to see if I can come up with the names of those companies running the projects. I will keep you and anyone else interested posted on my findings.

Mike :roll:
msshadid
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 08, 2006
msshadid wrote:I am sorry, I can not comment on salaries, however, as you said, it is ENTRY LEVEL job, so don’t expect to make big $$. Working for Disney is challenging, it is all new technology and they only look for the best talent when it comes to hiring. Beside it is too early for you to say you may get a job at Disney in the Fall unless you know you may join them as an intern………. :roll:

huh? I dont care if I have to clean rooms, lol, yes as intern, but Im not going to college??!!
Al7Isra
Dubai Forums Member

May 08, 2006
Ok, good for you, let me know if you need help once your in
:lol: :P :?:
msshadid
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 09, 2006
msshadid wrote:Ok, good for you, let me know if you need help once your in
:lol: :P :?:

I didnt get that... ?? Was there sarcasm :?: :roll:
Al7Isra
Dubai Forums Member

May 09, 2006
Not by all means, I am serious, when you get in, IM me if you need any help.

Best of luck
:lol: 8)
msshadid
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 10, 2006
msshadid wrote:Not by all means, I am serious, when you get in, IM me if you need any help.

Best of luck
:lol: 8)

I changed my mind about Disney, I want to go to Dubai. Thats right! LOL, no college education, but.. I got.. ehem DIPLOMA! Well , almost, got 5 weeks of hell left. Who is hiring in Dubai anyway?
Al7Isra
Dubai Forums Member

Dubai Land Jun 28, 2006
It would be fantastic to get a job with Dubailand...I am a communications guy working in Singapore...looking forward to getting an offer from Dubai [have been scouting around for some time now].

Cheers!
anirudhs31
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

did you try their website Jul 05, 2006
that would be the best place to start
roop77
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted