ACCA Qualified Accountant, Male, 26, Seeking Employment.

Topic locked
ACCA qualified accountant, Male, 26, Seeking employment. Jun 28, 2006
ACCA qualified Accountant, Male, 26, Seeking employment in Dubai.

After completing my Degree in Accountancy in 2001 I decided to study for a professional qualification in the subject while working for an ACCA accredited medium sized accountancy practice.

Having completed my Certified Chartered Accountancy exams in June 2003 and gaining three years experience in private practice, I decided in December 2004 to work in industry and take up a role as a company accountant for Sir Chay Blyths’ Challenge Business International Limited.

Challenge Business had a turnover of £7.5m, fixed assets of £10m and employed 65 members of staff in 2005. The company owns twelve 72ft yachts and seven 67ft yachts which are specifically designed to allow amateur crew to race the wrong way around the world against the prevailing winds and currents and organises the “Global Challenge around the world yacht race”.

My role at Challenge Business included relocating the accounts department, setting up the company accounts department on a new bookkeeping and management reporting system, setting future department budgets and targets and reporting the company’s financial progress to the management and directors of the company using management accounts and performance reports. I have also implemented new controls and procedures, recruited, trained and supervised staff and produced the end of year statutory accounts ready for the audit by PWC.

Having successfully completed the tasks that Challenge Business gave me I now wish to acquire a new challenge with a company that would give me the opportunity to work abroad, experience a new culture and broaden my horizons.

If you feel your company has a role that would be suitable for someone with my qualifications, experience and aspirations then I would be delighted to hear from you.

Yours faithfully

Steven Broomfield

CV:

Steven George Broomfield
• Lymington, Hants, SO419GG
• Mobile : 07932628385
• E-mail : stevenbroomfield@yahoo.co.uk

Summary
ACCA qualified accountant with a thorough knowledge of financial and management accounting gained over the past ten years. I can communicate clearly and produce timely and relevant reports. I work well as part of a team or under my own initiative.

Employment:
January 2005 - Present:
The Challenge Business International Limited: Company Accountant
Annual turnover - £7.5M
Fixed assets - £12M
Staff - 65

Experience, skills and responsibilities include:
•Monthly performance report, profit and loss and balance sheet.
•Managing cash flow requirements on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis.
•Costing and budgeting future activities within the business.
•Recruiting and supervising bookkeeping staff.
•Implementing financial controls and systems including automating production of management accounts, performance reports, payroll journals and payment runs.
•Producing year end statutory accounts ready for audit.

June 2001 - December 2004:
Westlake Clark Chartered Accountants: Senior Accountant
5 Partner practice
25 Staff

Experience, skills and responsibilities included:
•Accounts Production - Produced end of year accounts for sole-traders, partnerships and Limited Companies. Extensive knowledge of bank, VAT, sales, purchases and wages control accounts and fixed asset registers. Making sure statutory accounts comply with relevant accounting standards.
•Statutory Auditing - Companies from a range of industries. Experience includes planning, staffing and identifying high-risk areas within a set of accounts. Used a wide range of Audit techniques to identify material errors. Documentation and review of the companies financial accounting system and writing reports to Directors/Managers to inform them of ways to improve the accounting system and to advise where controls and procedures should be implemented.
•Management Accounts - Historic and forecast profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flows for management and finance raising purposes.
•Taxation - Personal income tax and corporation tax computations and planning.
•Bookkeeping - Assisted clients with bookkeeping queries and problems including areas such as posting wages, VAT returns, bank reconciliation’s, purchase and sales ledger maintenance and year end routines. Significant experience using Sage bookkeeping and payroll packages.
•Company Compliance - Submitting relevant documentation to the Inland Revenue and Companies House including company statutory accounts, tax computations, annual returns, changes in number of shares and share holdings and changes in directors and company secretaries.
•Supervised 5 members of staff.

Education:
2005 - ACCA qualification gained
2003 - Passed all ACCA examinations - Financial Training Company
1998-2001 - BA (Hons) Accountancy (2:2) - Southampton Solent University
1996-1998 - A level’s: Accountancy (B), Business economics (D), Psychology (D)
1991-1996 - GCSE’s, Biology (C), Chemistry (C), Design Technology (A), English Language (B), English Literature (C), French (C), Maths (B), Physical education (A), Physics (B), Religious education (C), Statistics (C)

Interests:
Rugby - New Milton 1st team, Hampshire division 1
Sailing - Yacht racing with R.L.Y.C. - Completed Rolex Fastnet race (600 miles) in 2005,
Golf - Handicap 20

Personal details:
English
Date of Birth - 20 September 1979
Full, clean driving license
Ethnic origin - White
Single
No children
References - Available upon request

stevenbroomfield
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules