Termination From Job

Topic locked
Termination From Job Nov 20, 2014
Dear Guys / Lawers

I need your free advise on matter pertained to my job termination.

I have been hired by a local oil & gas construction company on a permanent staff position in February 2012.

Due to some financial issue of my company they have decided to shut down their business in Dubai. Due which they started termination of contract and permanent staff positions with one month notice period and salary of such notice period.

I have heard that, termination due to such reason like it was not fault of employee than Employer should pay compensation of 3 months salary, is it right, if so what specific laws?

I have been also offered service apartment hotel for accommodation, and my notice period of one month ending on 30th November 2014, can I stay and hold accommodation for one more month (maximum)?

I hope you will provide me some guidance and advice.

Best Regards

Irfan

honestim
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Termination From Job Dec 10, 2014
Hi, I feel sorry for your loss. Although I am not a lawyer, but here I want to tell you some tips so you shouldn't come across such situation in future. Before applying to any job, Try to research about the company, It will help you from two ends. First, you'll get to know about your required work nature and the vision of company will be also clear to you which will be very helpful in interview session.

But, the twist really comes when you get to know about the long term plans of the company, where it is investing. How far it is initiating to expand its business lines. In addition to Some Professionals suggest Reviews from past employees do an excellent job in helping you to know about company in holistic picture.
kiwistech
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai