Never Buy Wood Items From IKEA-Take Extreme Care

Topic locked
never Buy wood items from IKEA-Take extreme care Mar 27, 2008
LILBERG SOFA at IKEA stores

Please please please stop the Lilberg sofa sales & also ban products designed by this desginer.The 3 seater sofa gets into my nerves!! Not even 2 years.....since I purchased it.It first broke on the 3rd month! The bottom wooden planks connected using the stupid small holes(The worst design i have ever seen) cracked & broke.Again it broke after 6 months.. all of a sudden ( 3 planks under the seat lost).i was so embarrased that my guests fell down while sitting on it.It was really , really embarrasing !!.I manged with a small thin wood sheet spread underneath the cushoins.Today..it's all gone...!! I fell sitting on it with my 9 months old baby...Fixing back the wooden planks between the tiny stupid holes is a nightmare!!
When I complained about this an year ago at the local IKEA store ( festival city-Dubai-UAE), they gave me an irresponsible answer and asked me to fix it on my own using a carpenter.

I felt like throwing the sofa out of my balcony.But controlled myself as I havei spent money to buy this.So I'm forcing the sofa to survive little more to justify the cost I spent on this pathetic sofa.

Please convey my dissapointment to the pity designer who designed this ( i regret calling the person a designer).

Please think twice, check thrice before you buy a wooden item from IKEA.The costliest wooden item doesn't mean that it is the best quality.It may be the worst quality too!!! the quality check AD from IKEA is just an eye wash.Majority of the products are inferior & cheap in quality.Some normal cheap items i bought from Karama shops are very good & good going!! never fall for brand names...[/b]

kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 28, 2008
erm I have to ask, if it broke after only three months, did you go and complain? Normally these things have a warranty.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 28, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:erm I have to ask, if it broke after only three months, did you go and complain? Normally these things have a warranty.

I did.No warranty nothing.They said there are no spare parts even.i have to make the broken wooden parts my self.....

Moreover, all wooden items I purchased there were a failure.They did not cross even an year.All gone. They look good at t he stores.Once you bring it home.....you come to know the truth...
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 02, 2008
ofcourse ikea is junk , didnt you know???

its an european brand that uses the cheapest crap materials to pay off taxes and high labour expenses ,and is designed by a gay designer who gets paid millions for nothing but to put his gay name on a pieca wood.

what did you expect??? to get gold?

furniture from china is a million times better and cheaper than ikea, go to furniture shop in sharjah behind the toyota showroom and see what they have, they have sofas that are made of real leather and wood that can withstand a nuclear explosion
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 16, 2008
Absolutely Nismo.!! I completely agree with you.
Rightly said.....LOL..
I loved this :

"furniture from china is a million times better and cheaper than ikea, go to furniture shop in sharjah behind the toyota showroom and see what they have, they have sofas that are made of real leather and wood that can withstand a nuclear explosion"

I have decided not to buy IKEA items again in my life time....

nismo wrote:ofcourse ikea is junk , didnt you know???

its an european brand that uses the cheapest crap materials to pay off taxes and high labour expenses ,and is designed by a gay designer who gets paid millions for nothing but to put his gay name on a pieca wood.

what did you expect??? to get gold?

furniture from china is a million times better and cheaper than ikea, go to furniture shop in sharjah behind the toyota showroom and see what they have, they have sofas that are made of real leather and wood that can withstand a nuclear explosion
kingkong
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai