Desert Sand Tires

Topic locked
Desert Sand Tires Aug 26, 2011
I am looking to buy some sand tires for my jeep, but i am not sure where to get them. I am looking for the balloon like desert tires you see on Nissan Patrols a lot. These things are the king of the desert, but i can't seem to find them. Also i have heard things about locals not liking you having the tires if you are not local. Has anyone else heard of this problem?

They look like the picture...

Thanks!

Attachments
20100720748.jpg
20100720748.jpg (2.43 KiB) Viewed 4966 times
desertt67
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Desert Sand Tires Aug 26, 2011
Nah thats just a big load BS. Since you have a Jeep I assuming you have 15" wheels. Pretty hard to get them in that size but not impossible, they are ok in the sand but far from being the king, but not the best also remember you will pretty much loose almost all control on wet roads and unless you have lifted your jeep they will pretty much rub on your fenders on full compression

You can also look into Sumitomo Shaheens they also have radial sand tyres. As for where to get them just go past Sahara Center on your way to Sharjah and you will tons of shops selling tyres and rims.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Thanks a lot, that was a great help. I already realized that the tires would rub, but i was looking into lifting it as well. You mention the radial version of them, i am going to assume being radial that i won't have the problem with rubbing? Also being the same tire design would i still expect the lack of control? This jeep would still remain a daily driver and just a desert car on the weekends, so i would like to still have confidence in the car. What tire would you recommend? Even though i have never had ANY problems with stock tires, i just want to mess with something new.

**Than again i may just opt for some 31 BFGs with 16 inch rims
desertt67
Dubai Forum Visitor

desertt67 wrote:Than again i may just opt for some 31 BFGs with 16 inch rims

Should be alright
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

undefined Oct 02, 2014
The Allaith Auto Spare Parts & Tyres Trading LLCis the sole agent for in UAE, We have entire range for PCR, TBR and OTR tires.We would like to announce our special offers for “Desert MAXX” by PRESA specially designed for sand, it has best traction at both on and off the road surfaces, subject tire has GCC Conformity Certificate as per standards laid by GSO (GCC Standardization Organization), this tire has 6 months Guarantee and has following specification:SizesPly RatingOrigin9.00-168 PRMade in Vietnam9.00-178 PRMade in Vietnam
Price*: AED 425 for 9.00-16AED 550 for 9.00-17Images for the subject tire are attached herewith.Different Sizes for Radial Tyres are also available.*Prices are negotiable as per the ordered quantity.____________________________________Thanks & Best RegardsAitasam KhanMarketing ExecutiveAl Laith Auto Spare Parts & Tyres Trading LLCTel : Image+ 971 6 554 67 88Fax : + 971 6 554 67 66Mob : Image+ 971 55 55 71229 P.O. BOX 40613, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Email: aitasam@allaith.net Web: www.allaith.net
aitasam
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai