Traffic In Dubai? Where? No Way? Dubai? Sure? :p

Topic locked
Sep 20, 2006
i agree...but sometimes it is unavoidable.

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 20, 2006
rudeboy wrote:lol i dont work in KV i work in sharjah and i live in sharjah but i had to go to KV for some work. but am just saying it took me 45 minutes thats cos i know the roads inside out. IF you guys know the roads inside out am sure it will take u 45 minutes or even less to go where you want to go. :P

You probably have a 4x4 and use the desert route :)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 20, 2006
By the way it took me 35 minutes yesterday to get from my house at the first interchange to my friend's house near Lamcy! Which is usually a 10-minute drive
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 20, 2006
Does Dubai need more roads and motorway?

I heard there will be new Tram/Train on the roads.
Shedy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2006
Shedy wrote:Does Dubai need more roads and motorway?

I heard there will be new Tram/Train on the roads.

they are building the dubai metro
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
Come winter, I abandon the car and take to 2 wheels!

The other night it took 1 hour...to get from Trade Centre to Bur Juman! Missed my booking on the Bateau Dubai and the miserable sods would just not wait, even though they knew we were nearly there. Bunch of arse!

The road system is a nightmare...but its the price of progress.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 21, 2006
Lets hope the city is not completely jammed by the time Dubai Metro comes along, first line supposed to open end of 2009, that's still another 2 years away.

I went to Sharjah the other morning, traffic was fine from Dubai to Sharjah. I made my way back at around midday and the traffic was still backed up to the border, with the main problem, as usual being the Gladari underpass. took me over an hour from Al Khan to Trade Centre.

One observation, everone was alone in their car, if we were able to Car Pool, it would half the amount of cars on the road (in theory), needs education and a campagne.

Any thoughts???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 21, 2006
Yes RTA needs to create an HOV (High Occupancy Vehcile) Lane where only cars with two or more passengers can use during rush hour. This is implemented in many big cities in the US and works pretty good.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Yes RTA needs to create an HOV (High Occupancy Vehcile) Lane where only cars with two or more passengers can use during rush hour. This is implemented in many big cities in the US and works pretty good.

like the car pool system right?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat