Aquarium In Dubai

Topic locked
Aquarium in dubai Sep 18, 2006
Hi,

Anyone know where I can find Aquarium in dubai? I know there is one in karama.

I looking for some fishes to add to my small tank at home.

Sunray
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 18, 2006
There is a shop next to Johnny rockets on JBR...
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 18, 2006
There is one pet shop near the bus station in Satwa and also one in Sahara Centre, Adventure Land.
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 18, 2006
There is one on SZR just past mall of emirates (abu dhabi direction) it is at the base of a residential building
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 18, 2006
Also try yellow pages
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 18, 2006
There's an aquarium shop in Dragon Mart - sorry I can't remember which section though, but they had a good array of aquariums, from table top ones to massive stand alone ones - and the full range of accessories - bound to be cheap.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 18, 2006
any shops selling aquaplants in dubai, like riccia, glossostigma, diandra
Ukite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 18, 2006
the cheapest way go fishing, becareful about cricky (crocodile)
my habiby
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 18, 2006
Ukite wrote:any shops selling aquaplants in dubai, like riccia, glossostigma, diandra

There is 'World of Fishes' outlet in Karama - they stock a wide range of saltwater and freshwater fish. Their Cichlid range is very limited though. I normally get my Cichlids [Mbuna, Central American and South American] from the Sharjah Animal Market along with Aquatic plants like riccia, ferns, vals, etc.
Phoenix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2006
Thanks for all the information, i appreciate that.

BTW where is dragon mart...? Can some one give me the address...? I heard of this place but just locate it.
Sunray
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2006
Sunray wrote:Thanks for all the information, i appreciate that.

BTW where is dragon mart...? Can some one give me the address...? I heard of this place but just locate it.

its where Emirates road (E 11) meets Al Khail road (E 44) on your way to Oman. You cant miss it its huge.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

aquarium shops in UAE Jan 04, 2008
Below is the lsit of some of the good aquarium shops in Dubai & UAE:
1- There is one shop in 'Bib-Soughaat' shopping center, its located at dubai airport road, soon after crossing the tunnel, right before the exit to emirates road.

2- There are plenty of shops at Sharjah Animal Market, you can find a wide variety of fishes, aquarium and other stuff. But you have to very carefull while buying fishes and fresh plants, always treat them separatly prior to moving them to your tank. the place is good for shopping since you will find nitrate & PH kits, as well as rare collection of fishes. There is one shop which I want to recommend, you may call Hasan at 050-4915850, this guys knows alot about fishes, and will help you in accomodating fishes in your tank or setting up a new one.

3- There is a shop called pet zone, next to Al Mazaya Centre of main SZR, it contains wide variety of fishes, reptiles and birds.

4- There is another shop in Rolla area right on the main round about, where Sharjah Main post office is. Its next to a building called Burj 2000, the name of shop is land of fishes. less collection but all fishes are guaranteed healthy. I bought Koi Carps and they are still surviving. 8)
tzaidi
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 05, 2008
The Sharjah Souk has a large variety at reasonable prices.... There are also a couple of shops in Satwa... a little ahead of Lals Supermarket.

The Lulu at Barsha also has a small pet shop
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 05, 2008
3- There is a shop called pet zone, next to Al Mazaya Centre of main SZR, it contains wide variety of fishes, reptiles and birds.

Take care when shopping here, we got ripped off with some dodgy equipment and all the fish died!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 05, 2008
sage & onion wrote:

Take care when shopping here, we got ripped off with some dodgy equipment and all the fish died!

It could have been suicide.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 05, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

It could have been suicide.

It could have been a bunch of ET's with their Ray Guns, the damn fish still died!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 06, 2008
what you bought from there?

I know they dont have much equipment and knowledge, and the philipino guy there is more interested in selling plants then fishes :roll:

But, as mentioned in my previous response, call Hasan, he is knowledgeable and well informed salesman, he might be able to recommend you suitable equipment for your tank.

He told me how to make DIY CO2 and guess what, it worked :wink:
tzaidi
Dubai Forum Guest

Aquarium supplies May 05, 2009
Aquarium concepts in Dubai Investment Park have the best facilities and fish in the UAE. Check them out 04 885 6067
Tolliday
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum