Credit Card That Lets You Earn Emirates Miles?

Topic locked
Credit card that lets you earn Emirates miles? Aug 30, 2006
Is there such a thing... is it associated with a specific bank or can anyone get one.

NativeTheory
Dubai Forum User

Aug 30, 2006
citi bank is the only bank let you do it in Dubai, but they are charging 300 something dhs for annual fee.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 31, 2006
I thought Emirates Bank also did it???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 31, 2006
Don't get confused! Many of the credit cards let you collect 'air miles' but it's not for flights. It's a little blue card which you can collect points at places like Spinneys, various restaurants and shops. You collect points and can exchange them for anything from a mobile phone, hotel stay, flights, spa treatments, loads of stuff.

HSBC do that and if you also give your air miles card you get double points.

go to: www.airmilesme.com
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 31, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Don't get confused! Many of the credit cards let you collect 'air miles' but it's not for flights. It's a little blue card which you can collect points at places like Spinneys, various restaurants and shops. You collect points and can exchange them for anything from a mobile phone, hotel stay, flights, spa treatments, loads of stuff.

Yeah Chocs I have one of them, I thought that Emirates Bank did a points system that you could convert into Emirates Air Miles
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 31, 2006
Citibank has it, but its not the only one. I have an Emirates Bank credit card and it allows you to redeem them as skywards miles along many other things. I have actually accrued enough miles on my credit card and got me a free ticket to new york on emirates ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Don't get confused! Many of the credit cards let you collect 'air miles' but it's not for flights. It's a little blue card which you can collect points at places like Spinneys, various restaurants and shops. You collect points and can exchange them for anything from a mobile phone, hotel stay, flights, spa treatments, loads of stuff.

Chocs thats completely different than what NativeTheory was asking about, and yes that airmiles shit pointless if you ask me. Its like collect soo many points and you might win a calculator.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 31, 2006
MaaaD wrote:

Chocs thats completely different than what NativeTheory was asking about, and yes that airmiles shit pointless if you ask me. Its like collect soo many points and you might win a calculator.

I have been collecting airmiles fo a couple of years and now have enough for a digital Video Camera from Sony, thats ok for nothing.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 02, 2006
So not true Maaad, I've collected points and got a slim-line scanner for my laptop, laptop speakers, a blender, business card holder, and my last redeemable item was a TV!

As I said if you pay with your credit card and present the airmiles card, you can really rack up the points.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat