Info Request: Good Place To Live If You Work In Deira

Topic locked
info request: good place to live if you work in deira Aug 07, 2006
Hi, i am currently considering an offer from a local bank in dubai. The office I believe is in Deira. I am given AED 80,000 as annual housing allowance. Any advice on which district to live, which will not pose a huge daily commuting challenge for me?

I have 2 kids, 1 in primary and 1 in nursery, so I am looking for area to live which is not to far from good school.

Looking at the map and some of the posting here, living in sharjah seems like a possibility but I heard morning rush hour is a killer. Is it worse than Jakarta traffic? But any place in the southeast of dubai worth looking, given my budget?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 07, 2006
Lots of areas around Diera. Al Rigga being one, Abu hail another. The closer you can get to your work the better as Deira is a BIATCH to drive around.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 07, 2006
You should be able to find something on that budget around Deira, plenty of Schools in the area, depending on which type you would require. Most Schools have some kind of bus service.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 07, 2006
I wouldn't go near Rigga Road. They have dug up the whole area for the subway construction - getting in and out is really nasty. Abu Hail & Mamzar are the nicest areas I think. While traffic in Deira is bad, its a small place, so you can get just about anywhere in about 30-45 min. If you're looking for some peace a quiet, you may want to consider Mirdif, which is about a 25 min drive out of the center of the city, but it's without the Deira noise.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 07, 2006
I would suggest villa in Abu Hail or somewhere near Dubai Hospital...Its not congested, you will be near Century Mall (very small shopping mall I would say) but hey there's Carrefour...

Also there's this line up of beautiful villas but I think its a place for local...

:lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 10, 2006
zam wrote:Also there's this line up of beautiful villas but I think its a place for local...

:lol:

zam, what do you mean by 'a place for local'? is there a significant difference in cost, size, layout or facility? will there be restriction on which property can be rented by expat and which one can not?
JeepDude
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum