What's The Best Thing About Dubai???

Topic locked
Jul 09, 2006
YabbaYabba wrote:Jees you guys

A lot of you make Dubai sound a really crummy place to be. I have noticed a lot of really negative opinions about Dubai on this forum.

Quite frankly this is as good as it gets as far as an overseas posting goes. There is no hardship and this is no third world country-even to deem it at developing is so misleading. There are heaps of things to do for kids and big kids alike. You can spend a little or spend alot. I think there is something for everyone here. I find people friendly but then I am I think although you always come across the exception to the rule. Worst thing about living here is the weather and the traffic BUT if that is it, there isn't much to complain about. If you look at some of the sticky posts you'll see there are a heap of activities to get yourself into.
One of my fave things is walking around Satwa-I love those shops!! :D The contrast between this and say the Mercato is one of the things I like about Dubai.
Also Snow Park is about 50AED for a couple of hours. If you go skiing you must know how to ski or book a lesson.

GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 09, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
GAB wrote:You get caramel luvee! I could swim in the stuff. Not good for the teeth but if one does have them one does not care! :P Note: Don't boil dry as the can expands from both ends and can explode!! :shock:

:lol: I'm Azn, u don't think I am a condense milk addict? :P

So true!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 09, 2006
In Dubai - fake beauty
Outside Dubai - natural beauty
$G$
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 09, 2006
$G$ wrote:In Dubai - fake beauty
Outside Dubai - natural beauty