Dallas Austin Has Been Pardoned

Topic locked
Dallas Austin has been pardoned Jul 04, 2006
Well, Dubai continues with hypocritical behaviour. While normal people are sentenced to 4+ years in prison, this guy gets off scott free. What kind of message does this send out to other drug users? That if you are rich and (somewhat famous), you can do drugs or whatever in Dubai and get away with it...

What about the countless others who have been jailed for lengthy terms here?

UAE law has a long way to go... who knows maybe this whole "trial" was just for publicity...

:roll:

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 04, 2006
this shows Dubai is a puppet in others hands. if someone else had commited this crime, he would have been rotting in Dubai jail. I know of someone in Dubai jail who just threw a small stone on a tiger in one of the palaces and rotting there for years. The person who sent him to the jail has totally forgotten about him and others have no guts to remind the boss about this poor guy.
Ukite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 04, 2006
can you link us to the article saying he was pardoned. All i have seen is he got 4 years and seeking a pardon, i didnt see anything saying he got one.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 04, 2006
I found it ..

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti ... ion=theuae

you guys can now rant on about the hypocricy of the legal system :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
Said he forgot he had the cocaine with him.

I'll be using that now also next time I don't put a parking ticket in my car:
"Sorry officer, I forgot that I need one here.....I'm just like Dallas"
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 05, 2006
Next, some rich guy can kill someone here and say, Oops I forgot that killing was bad. I'm sorry, I won't do it again.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 05, 2006
same goes on everywhere. if u have money, u can get away with nearly everything.
the whole world is corrupt, try to live with it.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 05, 2006
raidah wrote:...if u have money, u can get away with nearly everything.....

That's why I keep working....with the hope that one day I'll be able to get away with everything.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 05, 2006
mraph33 wrote:

That's why I keep working....with the hope that one day I'll be able to get away with everything.

well u see, ur on the wrong track from the very beginning :lol:
working wont bring u money
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 06, 2006
raidah wrote:
mraph33 wrote:

well u see, ur on the wrong track from the very beginning :lol:
working wont bring u money

So what are you referring to? Running your own business I assume?
Or do you mean that one should just go and shake a tree to get money :D
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 07, 2006
I realised that it needs lot of courage to punish an American especially in Arab countries. They can only shout at the poor Asian labourers and show them how tough they are, infact they are the most cowerd
Ukite
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 01, 2006
Hey Ojay got out of it ... and he is a murderer...
Poor Dallas he forgot it in his bucket ha ha ha
Believe me no law can't be broken
Sometimes money talks B******T walks i guess
saeedz28
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 01, 2006
Ukite wrote:I realised that it needs lot of courage to punish an American especially in Arab countries. They can only shout at the poor Asian labourers and show them how tough they are, infact they are the most cowerd

He didnt get a pradon because he is American, many americans have been put in prison for having coke on them ... its beacuse he is rich and influential. There was an indian actor too who was in a similar situation and was let go.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 01, 2006
How many years was he supposed to have had?? He had actually been sentenced, right?? (sorry if its in the artice - but it won't open for some reason!).
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 01, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
Ukite wrote:I realised that it needs lot of courage to punish an American especially in Arab countries. They can only shout at the poor Asian labourers and show them how tough they are, infact they are the most cowerd

He didnt get a pradon because he is American, many americans have been put in prison for having coke on them ... its beacuse he is rich and influential. There was an indian actor too who was in a similar situation and was let go.

:wink:
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 02, 2006
the_zooter wrote:How many years was he supposed to have had?? He had actually been sentenced, right?? (sorry if its in the artice - but it won't open for some reason!).

4 years, followed by deportation and a ban from coming back. Yes he got sentenced, part of getting a pardon is that you have to plead guilty and then got a presedential pardon.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 04, 2006
MaaaD wrote:

Yes, there was another American who got convicted for cocaine possession on the same day as DA.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 04, 2006
sharewadi wrote:
MaaaD wrote:

Yes, there was another American who got convicted for cocaine possession on the same day as DA.

I don't know where it came from....I swear!!!!
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat