"To Let Flat" MARINA 1 Bed Apartment

Topic locked
"To let flat" MARINA 1 bed apartment Jul 02, 2006
I have a lovely Fully Furnished executive flat available now in the Marina (no sea view) Dishwasher, Micro etc Ideal for short term rental /Corporate let.

I Double bed with sofa bed suite in lounge - bed linen, towels included

Includes;

Broadband connection
All Bills included
Swimming Pool with lounge area
Cafe Bar area
Gymnasium
Maid service if required

please reply for more information as Ready Now !! AED 12,000 per month

Lex
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 02, 2006
HOW MUCH !!!???? :shock:

Methinks you're not going to find any takers. Even by Dubai standards that's somewhere between highway robbery and organised extorsion. Try posting the add to http://www.moremoneythansense.com

SDB
shinydiscoballs
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 03, 2006
its too much .. max 5000 per month
saim
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 03, 2006
I agree the asking price seems high at first glance. But I think she is catering for 'short term' (monthly) rentals so you can't compare it against annual contracts. When you compare the price against a serviced apartment it is comparable.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 03, 2006
saim wrote:its too much .. max 5000 per month

Hmm - it would be nice if they were - but 5000 per month for a fully furnished one bed apartment in the Marina is even more in the realms of fantasy that 12000 pm!!
I'd probably say that 9,000 dhs per month would be about average (to say that its fully furnished).
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 03, 2006
haha....12k per month...dude! :shock: :shock:

i think the good times are over for landlords.....why the hell would anyone fork out so much for a 1 bedroom?????

heck i bet by 2007, you'll be begging to rent it out at half the rate!
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 03, 2006
dodgeek wrote:haha....12k per month...dude! :shock: :shock:

i think the good times are over for landlords.....why the hell would anyone fork out so much for a 1 bedroom?????

We can but hope you are right!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 03, 2006
dodgeek wrote:haha....12k per month...dude! :shock: :shock:

Are you an accountant? As in just focus on the digits?

Read it properly, its short term rental, not annual contract. Its not an apple for apple comparison. Some people (companies and such) only need a place for a month or so and are happy to pay that amount of money for the ease and convenience.

If you have ever worked as a rotator you will appreciate being able to come back to relax in an apartment over a cramped hotel room.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 03, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Are you an accountant? As in just focus on the digits?

Read it properly, its short term rental, not annual contract. Its not an apple for apple comparison. Some people (companies and such) only need a place for a month or so and are happy to pay that amount of money for the ease and convenience.

If you have ever worked as a rotator you will appreciate being able to come back to relax in an apartment over a cramped hotel room.

Good point X - I never looked at it like that. Still think its slightly over the odds - but I guess if a company is paying it rather than the individual - then they couldn't care less how much it costs. Good luck to the landlord!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 03, 2006
X...even if the company is paying, I doubt Dhs400 per day is a REASONABLE amount. Hey, decent hotels charge from USD 100 (Dhs 360) upwards per night. And here we are.....a 1 bedroom apartment with no extra service and you need to fork out Dhs 400 per day.

Whether its paid by the company or individiual it doesn't matter. Its a rip off. These are the sort of people that make Dubai such an expensive place to live in. and based on your comments you seem to be encouraging it. you are probably in the high-income bracket but there are a lot of other people who aren't!
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 03, 2006
Buddy, again I stress it - if you have ever worked as a rotator or live in and out of suitcases an apartment would be favored any day of the week over a hotel room.

400/day for a furnished apartment with separate living and sleeping areas, kitchen, internet connection, leisure amenities, and maid service offers more value than a USD100(367dhs)/night 7mx3m room with tv, tea and coffee.

As with anything there is a target market and I suspect this particular one is not intended to discriminate against your perceived 'low income' earners - its short term, try to grasp that concept.

If you are arguing that its a rip off for long term occupancy then I concur, but I doubt you could credibly argue against its short term merits.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 03, 2006
The first time I stayed in Dubai, I stayed at the Chelsea Towers Hotel on SZR. This is basically a place that has services apartments (1, 2 & 3 bedroom) and they are really nice to be fair and have all the usual amenities of a hotel (room service, maid, gym, business centre etc) with the benefits of it being a 1 bedroomed apartment with a kitchen, living/dining room and a bedroom.
I agree with you X - if you are spending anymore than a couple of weeks in a place, this is the kind of room you would want!

I've just looked at the price for this - 660 dhs per night!! So 400 dhs for the place in the Marina seems reasonable in comparison!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai