The Fast And The Furious : Tokyo Drift

Topic locked
The fast and the furious : Tokyo Drift Jun 25, 2006
The fast and the furious : tokyo drift

Trailers : http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2713132?htv=12

"Sean Boswell is an outsider who attempts to define himself as a hot-headed, underdog street racer. Although racing provides a temporary escape from an unhappy home and the superficial world around him, it has also made Sean unpopular with the local authorities. To avoid jail time, Sean is sent to live with his gruff, estranged father, a career military-man stationed in Tokyo. Now officially a gaijin (outsider), Sean feels even more shut out in a land of foreign customs and codes of honor. But it doesn't take long for him to find some action when a fellow American buddy, Twinkie (Bow Wow), introduces him to the underground world of drifting. Sean's simple drag racing gets replaced by a rubber-burning, automotive art form with an exhilarating balance of speeding and gliding through a heart-stopping course of hairpin turns and switchbacks. On his first time out drifting, Sean unknowingly takes on D.K., the "Drift King," a local champion with ties to the Japanese crime machine Yakuza. Sean's loss comes at a high price tag when he's forced to work off the debt under the thumb of expat, Han. Han soon welcomes Sean into this family of misfits and introduces him to the real principles of drifting. But when Sean falls for D.K.'s girlfriend, Neela, an explosive series of events is set into motion, climaxing with a high stakes face off."
----wikipedia (dont u just love it?)"

The movies looking great, cant wait for its release in dubai, the trailer is awesome and some beautiful drifts are performed. must see for all car fanatics.

arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
Almost finished downloading that movie :roll:

Heard the races are amazing but that the script is...um, well let's just say that come critics said that the previous movies were Oscar material when compared to Tokyo Drift :lol: :lol:
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 25, 2006
i cant believe ur gonna watch such a movie at home, this is for the big screen man, awesome races and awesome jap chicks ;)
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
arso304 wrote:i cant believe ur gonna watch such a movie at home, this is for the big screen man, awesome races and awesome jap chicks ;)

Well I am in the UK right now for work and the only thing I do with the ppl I met is watch World Cup matches... So no chance really to go to a movie theater :P
Nick81

Jun 25, 2006
Nick81 wrote:
arso304 wrote:i cant believe ur gonna watch such a movie at home, this is for the big screen man, awesome races and awesome jap chicks ;)

Well I am in the UK right now for work and the only thing I do with the ppl I met is watch World Cup matches... So no chance really to go to a movie theater :P

i see, well good luck, if u have a good display and if its a screener , shouldnt be that bad, but nothing like a 30meter mini skirt :P
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
A dangerous movie to release in Dubai.... People are idiot drivers here in the best of times... Now this?!?!?! :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2006
Liban wrote:A dangerous movie to release in Dubai.... People are idiot drivers here in the best of times... Now this?!?!?! :shock:

hahaha yea,remeber back when the first one was released? the skyline and supra craze? lotta crazy shit and accidents and stuff.
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
I drove a FWD at the time (I think it was a US Cav Z24) like a RWD car. Don't ask how.

As for drifting... I do that every day.... Whenever I see a Western expat that looks like Choco I drift in front of her.... LOL :lol:

Hell I even teach the pigs... err police how to drift in their 4x4s... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2006
Liban wrote:I drove a FWD at the time (I think it was a US Cav Z24) like a RWD car. Don't ask how.

As for drifting... I do that every day.... Whenever I see a Western expat that looks like Choco I drift in front of her.... LOL :lol:

Hell I even teach the pigs... err police how to drift in their 4x4s... :)

LOL. i remember seing a 3 door nissan patrol attempting to drift, the car flipped over :P, but some ppl in dubai are awesome drivers, drifting with camry's and accord's mainly, nasty stuff. wat do u drive now? i drive a bike occasionally :P or quadbike
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
I drive a shitbox Optra. But thats gonna change faster than the time it takes to blink an eye... I hope! :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2006
good luck getting something better. and faster.
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
i cant wait to watch this movie!!
im soo excited!! ...:D:D:D
i love the cars ...**drool**...
my car is a simple rav 4 2005model...i want something better!! ...
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jun 25, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:i cant wait to watch this movie!!

good luck to u too, everyone wants to change their cars, i dontt even have a licence :-(
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
Fast and the Furious rocks!

Atm im driving an civic (2006). Image what this car might look like if tuned up!
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 26, 2006
Only the original movie was any good and that was because of Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.

Oh yay lets all make ours cars go sideways - purlease - how lame can you get! Movies like this are stupid and only appeal to loser rev heads.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Only the original movie was any good and that was because of Vin Diesel and Paul Walker.

Oh yay lets all make ours cars go sideways - purlease - how lame can you get! Movies like this are stupid and only appeal to loser rev heads.

:(

Oh come on! A nice action movie doesn't harm from time to time! Are we supposed to stick to "film d'auteur"s and cheesy comedies?
Nick81

Jun 26, 2006
Oh come on what! The movie is lame, the same idea for 3 movies running - please - boooorrrriiiingggg!

I'm a complete action movie fan but sometimes enough is enough.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Oh come on what! The movie is lame, the same idea for 3 movies running - please - boooorrrriiiingggg!

I'm a complete action movie fan but sometimes enough is enough.

*presents chill pill* :roll:
Nick81

Jun 26, 2006
Hey I'm only giving a personal opinion, I see virtually every single movie that comes out which is a lot of time in the cinema. I can say I don't think it's very good if I want - what's wrong with that?

Plus Liban is absolutely right, I think it's totally irrepsonsible to release a movie like that here, because we'll all be bracing ourselves for copycats 'drifting' down Sheik Zayed road.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Hey I'm only giving a personal opinion, I see virtually every single movie that comes out which is a lot of time in the cinema. I can say I don't think it's very good if I want - what's wrong with that?

Plus Liban is absolutely right, I think it's totally irrepsonsible to release a movie like that here, because we'll all be bracing ourselves for copycats 'drifting' down Sheik Zayed road.

I totally disagree. In that case, why don't we ban all action, thriller and suspense movies as well.

Its like the saying goes, did the chicken come first or the egg? Street racing is an adrenaline rush, its nothing to do with hollywood.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 26, 2006
Fair point AV, but given that people acted stupid after the release of the first 2 movies here, you'll see the same again I guarantee it. And do we really need anymore carnage on the roads?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Fair point AV, but given that people acted stupid after the release of the first 2 movies here, you'll see the same again I guarantee it. And do we really need anymore carnage on the roads?

There could be a possibility that a few might get influenced by such a movie and end up doing a dumb stunt on the road. But they'd have to be retarded!
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Fair point AV, but given that people acted stupid after the release of the first 2 movies here, you'll see the same again I guarantee it. And do we really need anymore carnage on the roads?

I guess the only way to tackle it would be to have strict and harsher laws....
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 26, 2006
True.

I've even seen police here turning a blind eye on cars on the wrong side of the road.

Police here dont seem bothered about traffic. As long as crime is low, they look good in the papers. :? :?
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
arso304 wrote:

good luck to u too, everyone wants to change their cars, i dontt even have a licence :-(

y is that...how old r u anyways?? :P
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jun 27, 2006
Speaking of drifting. I've already seen a drift on Emirates Road once at about 2 or 2:30am on a Thursday when I was going back home.

Scared the living sh!t out of me seeing the fcukhead drifting between cars. Thank God that at 2am there are only two or three cars on Emirates Rd by where I live...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 27, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:
arso304 wrote:

16 , one of the youngest i think . ;)
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 27, 2006
arso304 wrote:
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:
arso304 wrote:

I was driving at 16 in the states.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
A64Venice wrote:
arso304 wrote:
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:
arso304 wrote:

thats nice, i drive around in romania, but i dont have a licence there , just give the police some money, 5dhs? :P and they'll let u pass. great countryside to drive in
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 27, 2006
arso304 wrote:
A64Venice wrote:
arso304 wrote:
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:
arso304 wrote:

thats nice, i drive around in romania, but i dont have a licence there , just give the police some money, 5dhs? :P and they'll let u pass. great countryside to drive in

I didnt mean illegally...lol. you can get a learners permit in the us at the age of 16.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk