English Student Looking For A Room!

Topic locked
English Student looking for a Room! Jun 06, 2006
Hi there,
I am a 20 year old british student who is out in Dubai as part of my university course. I will be in Dubai for one year and am looking for accommodation near to Lamcy plaza (this is where the office is that i will be working at) - am keen to live on Sk Zayed road area - however, all other areas will definately be considered. Being a student, i am on a tight budget of (very maximum!) dhs 3500 - this must include water and electricty. I am ready to move into an apartment immediately. I enjoy going on nights out, meeting new people - living the young, 20 something life style. I am wanting to live with similar people, gender is not an issue, however, i will only consider europeans, canadians, americans, australians etc.
If you have something suitable, please contact me.
Natalie

Natalie123
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 06, 2006
sorry to be off topic, but why do people travel abroad when they say things like this

however, i will only consider europeans, canadians, americans, australians etc.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
MaaaD wrote:sorry to be off topic, but why do people travel abroad when they say things like this

however, i will only consider europeans, canadians, americans, australians etc.

Its ok Maad all she needs is:

1. A bit of Growing up
2. Common Sense
3. A lot more money (she's on 3.5K, wants to live on SZR and party!)
4. A kick in the arse.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
ya and posting your cellphone number on an internet forum full of creeps is probably not the best idea :D .. what will happen when you start getting phone calls from those non-european non-canadian non-american peeps ? OMFG !!!!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
hi guys, i can see your point about travelling abroad and then specifying nationality but at the end of the day i am a young girl whos moved abroad for the first time and i'd feel more comfortable living with these nationalities. u may think that it is narrow minded of me etc but thats the way i feel.
as for the money situation that u mentioned.... remember u started somewhere!!
Natalie123
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 07, 2006
So according to you a non-White person is more dangerous than a white person from the nationlities you prefer...

Thats great. Well 80% of Dubai is composed of people not of these nationalities so if we non-whites scare you so much then you'd better stay home with the skins, neo-nazis, KKK clanmen and the Aryans you so much prefer.

Also 3.5K will get you nowhere in Dubai. You spend that amount just going out one night here so you are wayyyyy out of your league!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
it has absolutely nothing to do with the colour of skin - i think u are very mistaken in writing this. it is more to do with culture than anything. i would prefer to live with someone with the same ideas and lifestyle as me and i am think i am right in saying that majority of people (both from uae and the rest of the world) would feel the same when moving into a new home.

and as for money - not everyone is fortunate enough to start out with great sums of money in life.
Natalie123
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 07, 2006
p.s. i'd also like to point out that i said i'd feel more comfortable living with those nationalities - i didnt say anything about anyone being dangerous!
Natalie123
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 08, 2006
Hey come on guys, give the girl a break!!
She's new to Dubai and its obvious that she's going to want to live with "like minded" people who come from similar backgrounds. Its not a race issue, so why do you have to pick up on that!??!?!?! Grrrr

Natalie. Good luck with your search. You could try putting an ad online, such as:

http://www.dubizzle.com/
http://www.gulfnews.com/classifieds/index.html
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/ClassNew.asp?loc=DXB

But I'd advise that you put your email address on the ad instead of your phone number!!

Good Luck!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 08, 2006
Good luck,

And I believe that from the above you have learned something (if you want to learn it). In any event you are only 20 so enjoy but be open minded - lots to learn.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
Hey guys, take it easy on the 20yr old girl. She's in a foreign country by herself. It's difficult enough starting off all alone, and at a young age. I'm sure it'll just make her more confortable to start off with someone from similar backgrounds and interest.

She only mentioned europeans, canadians, americans, australians, not white, black, brown, yellow or whatever colour.
onetickin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 08, 2006
Exactly - she just wants someone, basically with a western background. The last thing she would want is to end up with a group of Indian contruction workers near Sharjah!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 08, 2006
Thanks guys - I'm glad people can understand and see my point of view.

Oh and thanks for your suggestions on places to look for accommodation - it was a great help as i've now found somewhere.

Thanks!!
Natalie123
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 08, 2006
Natalie123 wrote:Thanks guys - I'm glad people can understand and see my point of view.

Oh and thanks for your suggestions on places to look for accommodation - it was a great help as i've now found somewhere.

Thanks!!

Good - glad you're sorted.
We're normally a friendly bunch on here, so if you've got any other questions then just pop in and ask away!!

Zoots
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 08, 2006
Good luck with your year in Dubai as Con already mentioned, stay open minded and capitalize on the fact that there are so many nationalities in this crazy town.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 26, 2006
check this website it might help u

www.key2dubai.com good lik in ur seaech but with 3500 i dnt think u will find one in that area ..take care
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 27, 2006
Crap, soz Nat I didn't see this post earlier - don't often come to this part of the forum.

Soz I got you to sign up to cop all the negative crap. I thought your situation and needs were warranted but obviously judging from the negative replies here I was wrong - my bad. Glad it all worked out for you though.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 02, 2006
i think she can get in 3500 its a big amount
saim
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai