Package (AGAIN!!)

Topic locked
Package (AGAIN!!) Jun 06, 2006
Hi, great discussion forum, loads of great information, I've received a job offer, good company big in Dubai. My salary here in the UK is reasonably good (55000 sterling). I'm not bothered about a bit of a pay cut (want to have a bit of an adventure), but need to know whether me and the family could live of the following:

Accomodation (including all gas/electiricity/water and phone costs)
Travel Allowance 1045 dh a month
Phone Allowance 20 dh a month
Full medical provision for all of family (Researched this and it does cover everything)
30000 furnishing allowance (one off payment)
11050 Basic Salary a month
All schooling paid for (for up to 3 kids)

Talk is of the villa accomodation being in Silicon Oasis (not to bothered if its a building site as long as by 2007 it's all been landscaped!!) I just need to know that this is a good package as trying to work it out here in the UK (with the pound rifding high against the dollar) is driving me crazy!!

Could anybody give me a view on whether this is good/bad/OK

Northernlad
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 06, 2006
See above sticky on "cost of living in Dubai" and take it from there. Good luck.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
Accomodation - ok. Just make sure u don't foot the dewa levies.

Travel allowance - is this a transport allowance, as in for your car? If so, you will need to at least double it to get a decent family sized car - since you have a family of 5.

Phone allowance - does this cover mobile usage only? If so, then if this figure was stirling it would be ok. For dhs, its crud.

Medical - ok.

Furnishing - depends what you are bringing with you and size of accomodation. Should be enough to cover white goods and some neccesities.

Salary - no idea what profession you are in but my personal opinion is its crap for a supporting a family of 5 coming from a western country. Double it, and it'll be fine.

Schooling - check the allowance limit, as well as availability of schools.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
£55,000, roughly AED 375,000 per year, AED 31,000 a month tax free is crap?
onetickin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 06, 2006
onetickin wrote:£55,000, roughly AED 375,000 per year, AED 31,000 a month tax free is crap?

Are you blind?

55k stirling is what he gets now in the UK.
He is being offered this 11050 Basic Salary a month here.

Would you like a math lesson with that?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
Oh yeah, 11050 is crap. That'a about £1,625 per month, £20,000 a year. Talk about a pay cut.
onetickin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 06, 2006
onetickin wrote:Oh yeah, 11050 is crap. That'a about £1,625 per month, £20,000 a year. Talk about a pay cut.

*nods*

Now when you factor it is to support a family of 5, crap would indeed be an understatement.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum