Best AUDIO SYSTEM Fitting For A New CAR !

Topic locked
Best AUDIO SYSTEM fitting for a new CAR ! May 30, 2006
Hi,

Can someone tell me the best place to get AUDIO system and speakers installed/fit in a new car.

Since most new cars have a sealed and intact sort of a dashboard styling...i need someone professional who can get a clean and scratchless job done....knows the job instead of experimenting on a new car.

Thanks !

kamiahmed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 04, 2006
Same here. I just bought a Honda S2000 and am looking for an experienced ICE installer who's not going to rip me off.

I am planning to replace the stock head unit with an Alpine CDA-9855 with a dash control interface so I do not lose the remote control function.

Have heard there is an installer opposite Lamcy Plaza that sells Vieta head units (see http://www.vieta.es/caraudio/MP3/fotos/4-i.asp) for AED1000 including installation. Only problem is that there is no integration to the dash/steering remote :(
ghoonk
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 04, 2006
ghoonk wrote:Same here. I just bought a Honda S2000 and am looking for an experienced ICE installer who's not going to rip me off.

I am planning to replace the stock head unit with an Alpine CDA-9855 with a dash control interface so I do not lose the remote control function.

Have heard there is an installer opposite Lamcy Plaza that sells Vieta head units (see http://www.vieta.es/caraudio/MP3/fotos/4-i.asp) for AED1000 including installation. Only problem is that there is no integration to the dash/steering remote :(

well i just got mine fixed from a shop near the sana building oppossite abu hail centre. The guy did a neat scratchless job ....fixing an mp3 player and 2 rear speakers...for dhs 120.

Can anyone recon good speakers...iam not going for an amplifier. I need 4 speakers (all same sized and 50watts) that 4x50 watts. Any suggesstions and price ideas.

I have panasonic, kenwood and sony in mind. But which ones would give good bass and crispness as well ??

Thanks !
kamiahmed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 04, 2006
kamiahmed wrote:I have panasonic, kenwood and sony in mind. But which ones would give good bass and crispness as well ??

Thanks !

So you want good sound quality as well as bass? You want to find a rainbow with a pot of gold while we're at it?

Without amplifier don't expect 'good' sound. Majority of aftermarket speakers are designed to be drien by amplifiers so running them off the head unit will give sub par sounds - especially without active cross over functionality.

Either way forget panasonic and kenwood (kenwood subs use to be good). Sony speakers are 'ok' but imho Pioneer still best bang for buck.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
kamiahmed wrote:I have panasonic, kenwood and sony in mind. But which ones would give good bass and crispness as well ??

Thanks !

So you want good sound quality as well as bass? You want to find a rainbow with a pot of gold while we're at it?

Without amplifier don't expect 'good' sound. Majority of aftermarket speakers are designed to be drien by amplifiers so running them off the head unit will give sub par sounds - especially without active cross over functionality.

Either way forget panasonic and kenwood (kenwood subs use to be good). Sony speakers are 'ok' but imho Pioneer still best bang for buck.

actually my player supports 50watts speakers...so i just wanted some crisp sound with warm bass/groove sound...therefore i dont wanna get into higher watts and amps.

as far as i remeber...the speaker sizes are 6.5 inches. So any idea about how much i can get pioneer ones for...

(btw...i currently have pioneer 4x30 watts and they sound quite OK.....so i believe 4x50watts will give a bit more definitely !!)

Thanks !!!
kamiahmed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 04, 2006
if u r not plannin 2 install a amplifier
i think goin for the same branded speakers, that is the same brand of ur player would be preferable..

coz i have a sony xplod mp3 player with the sony speakers installed...they r givin a decent tre & bass..
newimprovednf
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 04, 2006
kamiahmed wrote:actually my player supports 50watts speakers...so i just wanted some crisp sound with warm bass/groove sound...therefore i dont wanna get into higher watts and amps.

as far as i remeber...the speaker sizes are 6.5 inches. So any idea about how much i can get pioneer ones for...

(btw...i currently have pioneer 4x30 watts and they sound quite OK.....so i believe 4x50watts will give a bit more definitely !!)

Thanks !!!

If you get a pair of splits with some x overs it should work well with just the head unit by itself. These should set you back around 300-500dhs.

When you're talking about power handling always refer to RMS, not the PMPO rating and remember that along with the power handling you also need to match the speaker characteristics to the power unit.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Thanks !

Not entirely so. To get 'good' sound, first make sure your head unit is good. The HU on the S2000 is notoriously bad, so upgrading the HU wil lalready show some improvement. Adding an amp to a bad HU will just amplify the inability to reproduce good sound.

A good set of speakers (I personally like Rainbow and MB Quartz) paired with a good HU (I used to use the Pioneer DEH-8650MP, run 3 way active with 2 large Boss amps and a small PPI amp) will make a ton of difference, even without an amp.

Right now, I'm just looking for a trustworthy installer to install an Alpine 9855 head unit and a pair of rainbow component speakers. Not asking for much :)
ghoonk
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto