Car Accessories (audio & Window Tinting)

Topic locked
Car accessories (audio & window tinting) Nov 20, 2007
Visited DMS for first time, clearly it's a new car market only because about 70-80% of booths/stands are occupied by car dealers and tuners/detailers. I was expecting more into accessories (including audio) and they occupied a tiny hall at the back with no more than 20 small booths. Totally different than car exhibitions in my country where accessories/audio are more than new cars (maybe because the cars are expensive and not so many choices as in Dubai).

Speaking about car accessories, whereabout the place to browse the shops (good ones)?

[subject has been changed for more informative because the topic has been shifted]

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 21, 2007
I too was quite dissapointed with the lack of spares, accessories, etc

:cry:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 22, 2007
I remember in the last car show in 2005, they had a huge hall for car accessories, i guess it wasnt successful..

There is a place of Sheikh Zayed Road, in time square, its called yellow hat, its supposed to be really good, but im not sure if they opened yet..

What type of accessories are you looking for??
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 22, 2007
hamadl wrote:I remember in the last car show in 2005, they had a huge hall for car accessories, i guess it wasnt successful..

There is a place of Sheikh Zayed Road, in time square, its called yellow hat, its supposed to be really good, but im not sure if they opened yet..

Went there couple of days ago, still closed.

First things: window tinting (probably 3M) and head unit (Sony GT860U). Some chrome trims but I doubt it's available here (specifically for Tucson).
Second things (not immediate): grill, bumper guard, running bar, speakers+amp, headlamps, etc.

I've checked the Sony at Jumbo but they don't offer installation. So I'm looking for an authorized or good shop for Sony car audio products for installation. Anyone knows?
Optionally I was thinking also to import it (similar model) from crutchfield.com (anyone has experience?) as they offer extra cage, harness, & installation guide. The cost in the end would be more or less similar.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 22, 2007
I was also missing a proper aftermarket section.... this is a real petty as I believe there are enough petrolheads in Dubai not afraid to spent some extra money in their cars....When it comes to cars, the market is still not mature; focus is on selling cars; thats it...

When it comes to audio upgrades, quality with Dubai workshops is not consitent, and more "bad" than "good"... depending on the car make, and which shop you do it... Mostly they will cut into the factory wires... They focus on speed rather than quality, and a roll of isolation tap is used to fix the wiring... get the idea? Bad idea... they should use conversion kits, leaving the original wiring intact. My advice is to purchase the full kit via the Internet and ship it in... and build it in yourself....
Ewald
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 22, 2007
I wouldn't reccomend playing with the wiring in your new car if you don't have prior experience. The instructions that come with audio kits are very rudimentary and won't help you to take apart your specific car. The car-specific forums help, but I've broken parts of my old car's dashboard when I took it apart.

I distrust local installers so much that I only let them experiment with my '87 and my '90 cars. I've decided to leave my '02 stock in terms of audio.

As for tint, I am extremely happy with Emarat's warranteed Emcool tint. Dhs 750 for an SUV, with clear in front included! Helped my Jeep's weak a/c tremendously. 3M's pricing put me off slightly, and I never considered V-Kool, etc. I can't imagine them being any better.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 23, 2007
So I guess I don't have a single chance anyway even by local installer? That's sad.

I guess I'll have to import it as they (crutchfield) offer extra cage, harness, and installation guide specific to the car model (that's what they're claiming) for free. And I'm pretty sure that the Tucson is the same than there, except that US-spec has 2-din by default. But since they offer extra cage, if something gets complicated, I'll put back the whole original block back.

Thanks for the tinting info.
I heard that there are two types of window tints: to reduce heat (usually in clear) or to darken (without/minimum heat blocking). The one to darken is pretty cheap but heat blocker is a lot more expensive. Is it correct?
If I decided with 3M, do you know where are locations of 3M Autocare Center in Dubai? I've searched Internet but can't find the list.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 25, 2007
For tinting, there is a good place in burjuman (in the parking), they charge around 750 for the car also, i think they are as good as the ones in Emarat but they use 3m..

For the audio, I have dealt with the Car Audio People in sheikh zayed road and they did a really good job, try visiting them and see if they can help you..good luck..
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 26, 2007
Yesterday I got a quote from a shop at Emarat Mankhool. They use NanoLux brand (nanolux.com). They quoted for SUV: 800 Dhs for sides & back (Nano 30%, dark) + 600 Dhs for front (Superlux 60%, clear) for total of 1400 Dhs (before discount of 10% or so). I don't know if this brand is good or not (effective on heat reduction) and if the price is good (comparing to other brands like 3M).

That 750 Dhs for 3M, is that for the same (dark + clear)? If yes (or even at similar price as above), I'd better go for 3M (known brand & hopefully good quality of work).

I'm contacting GWT/CAP for exact location.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 26, 2007
Installing stereo equipment with crutchfield harnesses is pretty easy. Ever car I've had I've done on my own, american cars especially aren't too fancy when it comes to taking stuff apart.

Just make sure whatever unit you have matches your DIN size (or if your car has some odd dash shape you get the proper adapter panels for it) and whatever headunit you buy has a decent length on its own harness so you have room to work when you solder the adapter harness to the sony harness and make a plug and play solution. Will likely need an antenna adapter as well to connect it.

My current audi though I need to get a few special tools in order to remove the current pieces. sigh.
hcaleman
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 27, 2007
Just got another quotes from "Our Car" (Burjuman) that use 3M. For SUV:

For rear & sides:
FX series (40% heat rejection) = 750 Dhs (choose of darkness, no price difference)
CS series (Color Stable, 50% heat rejection) = 900 Dhs (choose of darkness, no price difference)
Crystalline (the best quality, 75% heat rejection) = 3100 Dhs (clear)

For front:
RE series (40% heat rejection) = 400 Dhs (70% visibility)
Crystalline = 750 Dhs

To hamadl, I think your 750 does not include front window, right?

Therefore if I compare to Nanolux, for the same types/heat rejection percentages, for 3M (CS series for rear-sides + Crystalline for front) would be 1650 Dhs (about 400 Dhs more expensive).

As 3M is a well known brand internationally, is it worth it? Actually I don't mind to spend a little more if the heat reduction is really effective.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
hcaleman wrote:Installing stereo equipment with crutchfield harnesses is pretty easy. Ever car I've had I've done on my own, american cars especially aren't too fancy when it comes to taking stuff apart.

Just make sure whatever unit you have matches your DIN size (or if your car has some odd dash shape you get the proper adapter panels for it) and whatever headunit you buy has a decent length on its own harness so you have room to work when you solder the adapter harness to the sony harness and make a plug and play solution. Will likely need an antenna adapter as well to connect it.

My current audi though I need to get a few special tools in order to remove the current pieces. sigh.

Too bad they don't ship outside US, though I still could buy but shipment must be done to US address. I'll check if my friend in US could help me on this, otherwise I'll buy the cage on eBay and purchase the head unit here (and try to install myself).
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
xty wrote:Just got another quotes from "Our Car" (Burjuman) that use 3M. For SUV:

For rear & sides:
FX series (40% heat rejection) = 750 Dhs (choose of darkness, no price difference)
CS series (Color Stable, 50% heat rejection) = 900 Dhs (choose of darkness, no price difference)
Crystalline (the best quality, 75% heat rejection) = 3100 Dhs (clear)

For front:
RE series (40% heat rejection) = 400 Dhs (70% visibility)
Crystalline = 750 Dhs

To hamadl, I think your 750 does not include front window, right?

Therefore if I compare to Nanolux, for the same types/heat rejection percentages, for 3M (CS series for rear-sides + Crystalline for front) would be 1650 Dhs (about 400 Dhs more expensive).

As 3M is a well known brand internationally, is it worth it? Actually I don't mind to spend a little more if the heat reduction is really effective.

In the end, you have to remember that whatever you pay, it is still just pieces of transparent plastic film. There is only so much heat it can keep out, whatever they may claim. All the branded ones are good, but you won't notice THAT much of a difference between brands.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 27, 2009
hamadl wrote:I remember in the last car show in 2005, they had a huge hall for car accessories, i guess it wasnt successful..

I have car dvd and camera for sale.
DVD for toyota universial, camry, land crusier, santafe, GMC, prado,....
cheaper price with good quality
if interested, please feel free to contact.
Rose-Lee
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 03, 2009
Where can i get genuine 3M tint installed from?
finny76
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 03, 2009
Bangladesh.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 05, 2009
Theres one branch near al karama fire station which recently opened. near hamdan colony. apparently theres some offer happening, only AED1200 for the 3M Crystalline series( 70 % heat rejection) for a saloon car.. excluding front windshield.. pretty good deal eh ?
ccivicc
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 28, 2009
Guangzhou Malon Auto Parts Co., Ltd is the largest professional suppliers of used auto parts in China; it has several warehouses and dismantling workshops with the area up to 60000 M3. And we specialize in used Japanese auto parts of cars, trucks and vans, like of HONDA, TOYOTA, NISSAN, MITSUBISHI, ISUZU, SUZUKI, MAZDA, DAIHATSU, HINO etc. Also we supply the used parts of European and American cars and trucks. Usually, we stock thousands and hundreds parts such as engines, gear boxes, wheels, axles and so on.

More information, please refer to our website: (3)w(dot)ma-lon(dot)com and contact us: Skype: mantti88
malonauto
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Car accessories (audio & window tinting) Mar 13, 2010
If you are looking for high quality 3M window film, fairly priced, and professionally installed, please visit http://www.agefilms.com for details!
SQ
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto